Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 01-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Hasbro Cinematic Universe Is Shrinking, Transformers Unaffected

Looks like trouble’s brewing in paradise. The latest development at Paramount suggests that Hasbro Cinematic Universe will ramp down by omitting M.A.S.K. and ROM: The Space Knight movies from the proposed series. “Those are probably not likely to see the light of day, unless they’re moving on separate from us,” said Jonathan Goldstein. “It’s a funny thing. We spent three weeks in a room with a lot of talented writers. We broke 11 or so movies and, I don’t know. It just kind of went into the vortex. There’s been some leadership changes at Paramount, so it’s hard to » Continue Reading.

The post Hasbro Cinematic Universe Is Shrinking, Transformers Unaffected appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 01-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Hasbro Cinematic Universe Is Shrinking, Transformers Unaffected

Hasbro and Paramount should release solid movies for Transformers and GI.Joe first before making a Universe.
Who wants to see craps mixed up together?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
79transam
Machine War

I know that directors and writers want to put their spin on movies based on old stuff, but I sure do wish for someone to do it with an obvious love for the old stuff.
It's been argued that it wouldn't fly, but I really want to see the source material, the designs materialize on the productions. Cobra Commander needs a blue suit and a hood or chrome maak and helmet. Snake Eyes should NOT have lips. Can we get a Batman with a blue cowl? Would it hurt to give the Wolverine a 2 tone brown suit with his iconic mask? I want Transformers that resemble their G1 counterparts.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
I know that directors and writers want to put their spin on movies based on old stuff, but I sure do wish for someone to do it with an obvious love for the old stuff.
It's been argued that it wouldn't fly, but I really want to see the source material, the designs materialize on the productions. Cobra Commander needs a blue suit and a hood or chrome maak and helmet. Snake Eyes should NOT have lips. Can we get a Batman with a blue cowl? Would it hurt to give the Wolverine a 2 tone brown suit with his iconic mask? I want Transformers that resemble their G1 counterparts.
Preach That! I think they think too much about the masses rather than the voracious fans who would make sure something hardening back to g1 would succeed.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Preach That! I think they think too much about the masses rather than the voracious fans who would make sure something hardening back to g1 would succeed.
If they made 80's toy movies with 80's toy designs, they would get laughed out of theaters. TF and GI Joe movie franchises are already enough of a joke as is.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I do wish they'd try to draw more of the good stuff from the source material.

BUT

I do also wish they'd know when to leave stuff behind.

Snake Eyes with the lips is actually toy accurate.

And they did try to correct things a little with the second Gi Joe movie, but not enough people went to see it.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 01-22-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote