Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #91
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: POTP impressions

I will say that Grimlock not having a sword and only having the combiner feet as "weapons" was terribly disappointing. It also leaves Volcanicus without a decently sized weapon to hold.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #92
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I finally found the dinobots and Rodimus last week and finally got around to opening them up..Overall I like them for Hasbro toys..I like Rodimus and I like the Dinobots, except I wish they had done more for weapons for them..like mentioned above they all should have a sword and a gun..Grimlock was the biggest disappointment not having any real weapons at all.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #93
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
I will say that Grimlock not having a sword and only having the combiner feet as "weapons" was terribly disappointing. It also leaves Volcanicus without a decently sized weapon to hold.
I think Perfect Effect is going to fix that (and make him bigger). But that dino tail... ouch.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 04:34 AM   #94
ohnaji
Beasty

I couldn't wait and doubled dipped and picked up an extra Slug and Swoop because Volcanicus is just too awesome. He now wields the sword and shield from Dragon Assault Optimus Prime. This guy really needs appropriate armaments.

edit. Images fixed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180206_031753.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	38848   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180206_031847.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	38849  

Last edited by ohnaji; 02-06-2018 at 04:54 AM.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #95
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I should thank you! Because you tapped out and bought an extra Swoop and Slag that means Wave 2 will hit retail any day now. That's just how it works. It's a science really. Ha ha
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #96
Pascal
Banned

So who's getting/skipping Rodimus Unicronus here? And who's getting only him but not Rodimus? Personally, I'm just waiting for Optimal Optimus.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #97
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I'm skipping everything until Battletrap... he and Optimal are the only ones that get me excited. Beachcomber I hope to pick up at some point, but he's a legend, not exactly hype-worthy. Predaking and Abominus look okay, but IMO, not worth the price of admission.

Was originally thinking of picking up Black Roddy, but after seeing the transformation, no. Not until steeply discounted, at least.

Overall, this line is just generally not interesting, to me personally. Everything looks so blah. Mediocre dinobots? Made-up combiners? I'll save my money, thanks (or more accurately, spend it on other things).

Not to shit on anyone else's fun - if POTP is up your alley, the more power to you. It's just by-and-large not for me.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #98
ngnaw
Armada

I caved this morning after seeing Leader Optimus on tru.ca and ordered him.with the $20 off coupon. I like him better than Powermaster Optimus from Titans Return to go with Combiner Wars Leader Megatron. I already have MP-10 but you know....lol!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:38 AM   #99
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
So who's getting/skipping Rodimus Unicronus here? And who's getting only him but not Rodimus? Personally, I'm just waiting for Optimal Optimus.
I’m perfectly happy just having Rodimus Prime. I’m hoping we get some more Decepticons soon, but I’ve never been a fan of repaints, especially not at the Leader Class price point.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:01 PM   #100
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I’m perfectly happy just having Rodimus Prime. I’m hoping we get some more Decepticons soon, but I’ve never been a fan of repaints, especially not at the Leader Class price point.
Hasbro confirmed Rodimus Unicronus will be the only Decepticon leader in this line, so thats too bad. But then again there were only Decepticon leader class toys for Titans Return in 2017.

I too will be sticking with Rodimus Prime. Wont bother with the repaint or even with Optimus Prime. The only other leader in the line I will get is Optimus Primal

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 02-28-2018 at 05:04 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote