Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #1841
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Star Wars Discussion (The Last Jedi Spoilers Within!)

I suspect the "see you around kid" line will tie into Luke's Force ghost haunting Kylo Ren ala Luke haunting Cade Skywalker in Legacy.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #1842
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I liked what they tried to do. There were some nice twists. But it didn't come together 100% for me.

To use an analogy, I liked how they tried to travel from Vancouver to Toronto, but they chose the some of the most uncomfortable and awkwardly rough and sometimes unnecessary roads to get there.

Force Awakens may not tread new ground, but it was a more cohesive film. While this tries to jump off into new directions, but the pieces just don't quite fit together seamlessly.

Some of the dialogue felt like it just didn't belong in the Star Wars universe. Chrome dome anyone? Yoda talking about page turners?

But the two most awesome scenes in the movie were the throne room battle and the lightspeed jump into the first order fleet.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #1843
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Can anyone explain to me how the First Order chasing the Resistance fleet makes sense?

Holdo's entire plan was based around abandoning ship(eventually) and trying to hide on that planet because they couldn't excape via lightspeed.

Yet Finn & Rose could escape secretly by lightspeed in a small ship.

Couldn't Holdo just have loaded everyone onto the small lightspeed capable ships and slowly snuck away the exact same way Finn and Rose did?

Old 12-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #1844
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Can anyone explain to me how the First Order chasing the Resistance fleet makes sense?
The short answer to that is NO.

Quote:
Couldn't Holdo just have loaded everyone onto the small lightspeed capable ships and slowly snuck away the exact same way Finn and Rose did?
There's always a risk that so many small ships will be discovered, but regardless, if you have the leadership of the resistance, and you can get a small number of them to safety, why not do that?

Here's something else. If there's only one First Order ship with the ability to track them, and there are three rebel ships, why not have them all split up?

The First Order can only follow one, so the odds are that two thirds of the rebels will get away.

OR better yet, transfer all the rebels onto two ships, then have the empty ship turn and do that lightspeed ram into the ship with the tracking device, then the First Order can't follow when the other two ships jump.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #1845
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

And if they do that, than fanboys will say they rip off Battlestar Galactica.

Old 12-26-2017, 05:56 PM   #1846
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Just got done seeing The Last Jedi, and yeah it was an OK movie. there definitely was pacing issues, especially during the 2nd half of the film. I dunno, it felt like they were trying to make two movies at the same time and it didn't really come together all that well. That said, I do think it's better than the Force Awakens.

Force Awakens was riding too hard on nostalgia, but this one feels more like a passing of the torch.

Side note: So I guess they're done with Snoak now huh? Man, all that mystery and build up from the first movie just seems like it's wasted now...
Old 12-27-2017, 12:26 AM   #1847
79transam
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Just got done seeing The Last Jedi, and yeah it was an OK movie. there definitely was pacing issues, especially during the 2nd half of the film. I dunno, it felt like they were trying to make two movies at the same time and it didn't really come together all that well. That said, I do think it's better than the Force Awakens.

Force Awakens was riding too hard on nostalgia, but this one feels more like a passing of the torch.

Side note: So I guess they're done with Snoak now huh? Man, all that mystery and build up from the first movie just seems like it's wasted now...
Yeah, turns out Snoke isn't half the man I thought he was.

On another note.... I got the Bandai General Grievous model kit! I think when I build it I'll go live on YouTube
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:14 AM   #1848
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I love Grievous. My favorite version is the Lego bionicle style one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2544.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	38517  

Old 01-05-2018, 09:44 PM   #1849
905soundwave
Robot in Disguise

This might not be the right board but thought you guys would be interested none the less.

Clearance at Canadian Tire. I've never seen either sets at local TRU or Walmart in the Toronto area. I assume they are new and now heavily discounted.

3 pack return of the Jedi with palpating with his force lightning. Luke. And royal guard. Still lots of packs.

8 pack of force users.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4403.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	38562   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4404.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	38563  
905soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #1850
JLvatron
Chosen 1

I agree with the general sentiment that they messed Luke's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I guess it's a trend for all Jedi masters to train future bad guy and then hide from their own shame and sense of failure....LOL
This actually makes sense, it's a Jedi tradition, lol.
I still think they could have achieved the same results while keeping him more in character.

Quote:
His teenage nephew got tempted by the darkside and his knee jerk reaction was to creep on him while he was sleeping and consider cutting him in half.
You're oversimplifying that, by omitting Luke's admission that it was a fleeting thought. Everyone is entitled to that, and when you've been engaged in mortal combat, these reactions can be dire.

But he still overcame it and didn't go through with it.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote