Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #51
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Counting 'em down again! One more time :)

Combined mode

So this team has three different combinations depending as to who you want as the head and allegedly each has different abilities. I do apologize as I really haven’t gotten any further ahead in the TV series so I can’t say what they are. I think its intelligence, speed and strength but don’t quote me. The individual bots have limited articulation and the combined mode isn’t much better in that respect. Depending as to which combined mode you are going to not everything tabs together or lines up as it should and the is mostly Jinbu’s fault as he seems to cause problems in each one. By far it is the worst when he is the legs as he can barely hold the weight of his teammates. He reminded me of TR Alpha Trion, willing to do the splits at a moment’s notice. Also I mentioned earlier the Kenzan will have different sounds for each of his modes but he also has different phrases for each combined mode which is nice but because he doesn’t tab together well enough you have to squeeze his back to get them. Apparently he plays the theme song too but I haven’t been able to get that to work. I only took pics of one combined mode with the lights because when I went to do the GoJinbu configuration the lights end up in his crotch and that was just a strange area to want to have light up so yeah, that ain’t happening. Regardless of all that, I like the team but not love it, good for the price but not worth it for the original asking price I ‘m sure he was at during his first release on the market. Glad I have it but will not display them combined as they look better as individuals. Originally I thought about doing these guys as a one day reveal but since I have split up other combiners there was no real point and he would end up further down the list by weight so he can’t cheat to win!

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #52
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 17

Introducing out of the blue background, hailing from Hasbro brought to me by way of TRU, weighing in at 650 grams, The Decepticon Double Power Master, Decepticon Leader in Super God Masterforce (well kinda)

Titans Return Overlord!

A while ago I bought Skyshadow as a Place holder for this guy but once he came out Skyshadow was sold. I have been waiting for Overlord from the day he was announced just so I could have the Masterforce leader join my classics collection. I wish that they did the dual Power Masters for him. I actually had some Titan Masters selected to be Mega and Giga, but the one I would have used for Giga I unfortunately have not opened. Then I thought about MMC as I find them too small for Carnifex so I will put them on display with this one. He still reminds me of the G1 toy, a brick, just like G1 Sixshot, the TR version is similar enough with articulation. The Jet holding the tank for that flying mode doesn’t hold on as well as the Skyshadow variant but works well enough. He’s big, imposing and looks great in the classics line.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #53
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 18

Introducing out of the black background, hailing from Fansproject brought to me by way of board member BoNKerS, weighing in at 699 grams, the bluest member of the Sixchanger Ninja Clan

Fansproject X-6 Knight

I’m pretty sure I bought this back June from BoNKerS. I was debating selling MADLAW (Quickswitch) in favour of keeping the Hasbro Quickswitch but I wanted to keep the original “alt modes” so I couldn’t decide. As it turns out it seems that Hasbro is reaching into the Japanese animated series with characters such as Metalhawk, Overlord and such, I wanted to make sure I had a Sixknight to be in my Masterforce classics collection, small as it is. With already having MADLAW, there are no surprises with this mold but did learn a few things with weapons placement from looking at pics. Great colour scheme, really articulated and fits in great with the likes of the other characters I have from that series.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #54
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 19

Introducing out of the green background, hailing from Takara brought to me by way of Madhaus Toys, weighing in at 701 grams, the floppiest Transformer I have bought all year

Takara LG42 Godbomber

Well maybe floppy is the wrong word to describe him but loose isn’t really the right word either. His parts fit together loosely is the best way I can think of but, to be honest, I never bought him as a standalone anyway. Had it not been for the help of Yonoid of getting me a Siege set while I was in the US this past year Godbomber would not even appeared on this list or any other. For the purpose of this event he is currently a standalone and have to say that the alt mode is really nice but I miss the chrome. Since they actually gave him the ability to hold 3 Titan Masters as he was able to do with Headmasters in the Masterforce carton I can live with that. My biggest gripe with this guy is the arms as they really don’t stay tabbed in well in either mode and lining them up can be a bit of a pain. Much like his G1 brick self he isn’t super posable but I guess even that is a step up since you couldn’t do much of anything with his G1 toy. Now I didn’t get the reference of the sword until I read about him but if I ever actually make it through the Victory cartoon then at least I can see it in action. It’s a shame his hands are designed the way they are because at first I thought he was supposed to hold it but c’est la vie. The shoulder cannon should have had some soft ratchets so it could be raised just a bit on an angle IMO and since his legs are CW attachments I’m sure someone can come up with some wild combinations for him. Overall he’s okay, nothing great to speak of but since I haven’t used him for what he was meant for I will reserve final judgement until then.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #55
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

December 20

Introducing out of the blue (well it was anyway) background, hailing from TFC Toys brought to me by eBay, weighing in at 825 grams, the single ugliest and most pain filled transformer I own (and I LOVE him)

TFC Toys P-006 THOUSANDKILLS!

Ouch, more ouch, sonnva mother-father, dang blasted Taber… There are simply not enough curse words in the known universe to describe my thoughts last night on transforming this guy. Holy crap there are more sharp edges on Thousandkills than all the other members combined. My fingers are still sore while typing this. He is a beautiful figure IMO but the absolute ugliest alt mode I have ever seen and I mean ugly. Once he was in monster mode I took him upstairs to show my wife only to watch her recoil in horror and this woman loves horror movies. Then my youngest daughter came in the room and I showed her and she screamed louder than anyone riding the Behemoth at Wonderland. It was awesome. Articulation wise the tentacles are crazy, having each joint move. Robot mode is good but arm, leg and weapon mode are a pain because you have to (well suggested to) remove to sections from each tentacle to get the ideal configuration. Had I known that, I would have went straight from monster to robot to leg but I didn’t and man trying to put them back together only brought on another volley of silent curse words. All in all though I do love his look and entirely grateful for TFC finally finishing it more than a year later and even more grateful that I have bought this set. Piranacon (or King Poseidon) is my second favourite combiner after Predaking but owning a number of gestalts, this one is by far and large my single favourite. When combined TFC Poseidon has an absolutely stunning look IMO but you be the judge. Till tomorrow boys and girls!

Old 12-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #56
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

After Word

So here is the thing with Thousandkills. No strike that, with TFC Poseidon in general. As individuals I think these figures are awesome and possibly within the top 10 of all the figures I own. I love the aesthetic, the colours and almost the whole concept behind them. Here is my gripe. I bought Thousandkills so I would finally have the whole team as most people did and when I only had the five it was (no is) a great combiner BUT adding the sixth member the whole concept fell apart. It was nice that Thousandkills came with extra parts but the whole purpose of Poseidon is the he is a Targetmaster combiner and the elbow ratchets (and shoulder ratchets) are not strong enough to pull this off which is EXTREMELY disappointing. I would rather that instead of making another gun that turns into parts to give him bulk, that they would have included something to make the elbows stronger. What good is having a Targetmaster that can’t hold up his weapon? Unfortunately this has turned my one of my favourite toys into something that has been a bit of a letdown. Not much mind you but enough for me to say SHAME ON YOU TFC. You have improved so much except the one area that should have been improved the most being the combined mode.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #57
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
December 20

Introducing out of the blue (well it was anyway) background, hailing from TFC Toys brought to me by eBay, weighing in at 825 grams, the single ugliest and most pain filled transformer I own (and I LOVE him)

TFC Toys P-006 THOUSANDKILLS!

Ouch, more ouch, sonnva mother-father, dang blasted Taber… There are simply not enough curse words in the known universe to describe my thoughts last night on transforming this guy. Holy crap there are more sharp edges on Thousandkills than all the other members combined. My fingers are still sore while typing this. He is a beautiful figure IMO but the absolute ugliest alt mode I have ever seen and I mean ugly. Once he was in monster mode I took him upstairs to show my wife only to watch her recoil in horror and this woman loves horror movies. Then my youngest daughter came in the room and I showed her and she screamed louder than anyone riding the Behemoth at Wonderland. It was awesome. Articulation wise the tentacles are crazy, having each joint move. Robot mode is good but arm, leg and weapon mode are a pain because you have to (well suggested to) remove to sections from each tentacle to get the ideal configuration. Had I known that, I would have went straight from monster to robot to leg but I didn’t and man trying to put them back together only brought on another volley of silent curse words. All in all though I do love his look and entirely grateful for TFC finally finishing it more than a year later and even more grateful that I have bought this set. Piranacon (or King Poseidon) is my second favourite combiner after Predaking but owning a number of gestalts, this one is by far and large my single favourite. When combined TFC Poseidon has an absolutely stunning look IMO but you be the judge. Till tomorrow boys and girls!

He is definitely my favorite one out of the 6 that TFC released!! Great Job!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #58
urfwc
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
After Word

So here is the thing with Thousandkills. No strike that, with TFC Poseidon in general. As individuals I think these figures are awesome and possibly within the top 10 of all the figures I own. I love the aesthetic, the colours and almost the whole concept behind them. Here is my gripe. I bought Thousandkills so I would finally have the whole team as most people did and when I only had the five it was (no is) a great combiner BUT adding the sixth member the whole concept fell apart. It was nice that Thousandkills came with extra parts but the whole purpose of Poseidon is the he is a Targetmaster combiner and the elbow ratchets (and shoulder ratchets) are not strong enough to pull this off which is EXTREMELY disappointing. I would rather that instead of making another gun that turns into parts to give him bulk, that they would have included something to make the elbows stronger. What good is having a Targetmaster that can’t hold up his weapon? Unfortunately this has turned my one of my favourite toys into something that has been a bit of a letdown. Not much mind you but enough for me to say SHAME ON YOU TFC. You have improved so much except the one area that should have been improved the most being the combined mode.

I can see why it is one of your favorites, it looks amazing, to bad for the weaknesses when it all comes together. I just wanted to comment on your background... wow, with the fig in the forefront it looks amazing. Great job, it's fun to look at.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #59
BoNKerS
Animated

Lovin this countdown!!!!!! The effort and pics are appreciated!!!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #60
predahank
Storing is hoarding

that 2nd pic of thousand kills reminds me of doc oct.
I like that you used him for a leg which gives some colour cohesion that is lacking in mine. Maybe I'll pick him up if he ever goes on sale.

keep it up, we're almost there!
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote