Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Collections Spotlight

Old 10-26-2017, 07:31 AM   #21
ngnaw
Armada
Re: Omegatron's new Collection Cave

How do you control the dust?
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #22
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
How do you control the dust?
Thanks for asking and yes the question of dust comes up a lot. So let me put my museum professional hat on for a moment and say that the best way to deal with dust is to do your best to prevent it from happening in the first place. In other words reduce the dust you generate.

The second best way to deal with dust is to learn to live with it. Dust is gross but unless you have an allergy it’s not usually dangerous. Around 90% of dust is generated by living things, you, your family, your dog, your cat, etc., so its dead skin cells and thus not a threat to human health or to toys made of plastic and metal. You run the risk of breaking your toys every time you dust them, so if you can live with a little dust, do so.

Obviously this won’t work forever so eventually you have to dust. My best advice then is to use no cleaners but instead a combination of water and a damp cloth along with a dust wand that uses static to attract dust. Then it just takes time and patience.

So how to prevent dust, here are some ways:

1) Control access to the room, don’t bring your pets in and close the door when you leave. The reason for this is simple, less people = less dust.

2) Close the window so dust from outside does not get into the room.

3) If you can, close the forced air vents in the room and find another way to heat it. I have found one of the biggest sources of dust is dust from elsewhere in the house being moved around by the furnace.

4) Use a humidifier. Dust sticks to your toys through static. Dry environments create static so humidify the air to prevent the dust from building up. Don’t over humidify though or you create the environment for mould.

5) Use cabinets with glass doors. This won’t prevent dust build up but will slow it down. I did not do this because I couldn’t find a good shelf I liked that fit the room and had a glass door and because, while it’s effective, it’s less effective than you think.

6) Don’t use carpets. Use a solid floor, preferably non-porous, like a linoleum, vinyl or ceramic. Dust attracts dust (static electricity again), so if it can get into the pores of a wooden floor or build up in a carpet more dust will also be attracted. Sweep your floor regularly.

7) Use non-porous shelving, metal, plastic or glass, for the same reason as the floor.

8) Take your shoes off when you enter the room.

That’s about it and will only work so far but some of these changes are easy to make so by all means try them if you wish.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #23
Omegatron
Gen 1

O.K., so its been a while. Forgive the vanity but I want to post more, so here's the RID (original), Armada, Energon and Cybertron stuff.

[IMG]Robots in Disguise

[IMG]Armada

[IMG]Energon

[IMG]Cybertron 1

[IMG]Cybertron 2

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Omegatron; 11-07-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
Longshot
Pretender

Having trouble picking up my jaw from the ground. Just marvelous. Absolutely marvelous.
My wife caught me looking at your set-up and without a word from me, just said "No."
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #25
Omegatron
Gen 1

O.K., thought today I'd post entertainment options. Also a bit about how I preserve old comics.

So first lets look at the DVD and blue ray collection and the shows I have on offer.

The TV stand and its eclectic guardians

The shows.

The first half of the comics collection. I'm still working on the rest. I have everything right up to the most recent issue of Lost Light. I'll sort those when I get the chance.

I keep them in acid free sleeves in binders. Its not ideal but better than having them stacked as then over time the inks from one might leech into its neighbour. Anyway here's Marvel issue 1.

Here's issue 13. Its funny it looks like the add on the back of issue twelve was for Go-bots and the add on the back of 11 was for Converters. A sign of the times I suppose.

I have the entire Budiansky run in original. It turns out that the last issue I ever bought as a kid was the last issue Budiansky did. This isn't some plan against Furman, its a fluke of age, I stopped collecting because I had something else (girls) on my mind. It does mean that all the Furman issues are in trade paperback but I do have them too in this form at least.

I also have about 100 issues of Marvel U.K. starting just after Target 2006. I like this one because Marvel U.K. was the best Galvatron ever. I'm collecting the collected additions to get the rest of the stories but to say they are slow in coming out is an understatement.

Anyway thanks for looking.

Last edited by Omegatron; 11-13-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #26
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

Awesome!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Looks like old '80s junk to me. You should throw it all into my garbage can. Heck, since I'm a nice guy, I'll come over and take to my garbage can.

Seriously though, nice set up. It's pretty glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
My wife caught me looking at your set-up and without a word from me, just said "No."
Come on man. Sometimes you have to put your foot down and say with a serious face and stern voice, "Yes dear. Whatever you say."
Old 11-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #28
Realist
Mini-Con

Its okay I guess... if you like epic Transformers collections :P lol

Truly an amazing collection, really digging the setup, the white walls make the whole room look modern and clean plus at the same time making those Transformers really stand out.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #29
KingGrimlock
Machine War

WOW, WOW and WOW.... very nice job on everything!!!
KingGrimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #30
miyinan
Generation 2
miyinan's Ebay Auctions

very nice!
miyinan is offline   Reply With Quote