Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
TRUCKvsGUN
Think I'm Done with Hasbro + TRU

Well, after monitoring websites like a hawk and ordering both TR Arcee and Grotusque from the toysrus.com and hasbrotoyshop.com websites and getting neither due to webpage snafu bullshit (as well as countless other fruitless brick and mortar experiences), I can't help but feel a little drained.

I do this hobby for fun, but I feel like it's gotten to be much less so lately thanks to the aforementioned companies. All I want to do is give them my money, yet they make it so difficult and frustrating to do so, given the endless exclusive nonsense and distribution woes.
I'm curious how many others are feeling the same way, whether they've felt so for a while or just recently with the latest problems.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not quitting the hobby. I think I'm just going to order TT offerings from AE and the like going forward. They'll cost me twice as much but I expect will come with half the frustration. Do you guys think that's a fair trade off?

BTW, I'm looking for TR Arcee and Grotusque, if anyone has one to spare. Non-rape prices, preferably.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Think I'm Done with Hasbro + TRU

How did you order from TRU.com if you live in Canada?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I heard that Arcee is going to get a normal retail release.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
justprime
Animated

Yep same feeling if there going to do exclusives at least make the mold available in another color or something...and also make the product available a lot of us are hours away from a toysrus with no hope in hell of being able to find the majority of these pieces or the regular stuff for that matter and time spent chasing a brick and morter store (reason i buy on line even at inflated prices sometimes) especially with distribution being what it is these days is maddening and as you stated i just want to give you my money for your product ...how hard is that and isnt it the goal of the said producer to sell product ...imho
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
79transam
Machine War

I have similar frustrations. TRU seems to have this weird thing where they post these great sales but only on things not available online.
And then they let people buy 5 of one thing at the wee hours and when normal people shop, the scalpers have cleaned out their stock of the must have figures.

With their business model being what it is, they aren't my 1st choice for online shopping. (Online is my only real option being very rural)

I believe that TRU website should only be for online shopping via a warehouse and be completely seperate from their brick and mortar. As it is, their online shopping nearly always leaves me feeling resentful towards them for rubbing it in my face that I don't live close to a store.

I'm lucky to have a local EB Games. They seem to get several things I collect. Walmart blows but sometimes (like 1 in 10 visits) will have what I came to find. My local comic shops are 1- grossly overpriced or 2- embarrassingly understocked, and as such are exponentially unreliable for collecting.

I stopped being a completionist, I don't buy from the US anymore due to prices from cross border, and I enjoy it more because of the relaxed sense of casual I have.

The most fun I have in the hobby lately is customizing, thrift shop searching, EB Games browsing, and ordering stuff from Asia for reasonable prices.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I heard that Arcee is going to get a normal retail release.
hope so. I was going to get the last two box sets until they were gutted. Shame I can't get the other two posters.

Anyways I feel the same way. All I want to do is exchange money for goods and or services. I don't want to hold exclusives over anyone's heads like I'm some elite bunghole, I just want to purchase something I want to enjoy, and believe others should be able to as well.

I think I want to send an email to Hasbro Canada and Hasbro USA, tell them I have money for them but I can't find their products, so they lose out.

They actually lose out again because I'll likely look on the secondary market for something they couldn't provide.

I'm just tired and disappointed in Hasbro.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
predahank
Storing is hoarding

The thing that irked me was the clone 2 pack that come with mismatched twins. So you're telling me to get the other twins, I have to buy 2 box sets which have all sorts of crud that I don't want? Also I have to hunt them down because of limited distribution, on top of that. Seems a like a lot of hoops they want me to jump through just to get a pair of twins that should have been packaged together a la takara release.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #8
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I was done with Hasbro and TRU long time ago. But I've also given up on CHUG and just now focus on buying Takara MP from Japanese etailers.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #9
Deception
Crossover

Im sure takara will eventually release the grostesque mold. No way theyre not gonna maximaze profits of toys. The colour might be diffetent but i dont care. I said the same about the clones set as well.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #10
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I heard that. I think that exculisive has gone from special to just plain frustrating, overdone and not fun. I got my Grotusque from Robot Kingdom. Like mentioned, i heard Arcee will be a regular release. God Forbid they had made a case assortment with Brainstorm, Arcee, Grotusque and Slugslinger. Naturally we needed more of Hardhead and Hot Rod...good grief,lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote