Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #3181
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhammer View Post
Hoist, huh? I'm surprised they'd do him before Trailbreaker, considering Hoist was the retool. I mean, if this is legit.
What's even more surprising is that Trailbreaker was one of the first robots designed that was supposed to be a "big character". Even though it was a Hoist sample shown, I suppose that doesn't mean that he will be released before Trailbreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Can you provide the source? Cause Jazz is my favourite Autobot. If it's true, I will wait before I get 3rd party Hova (MP Jazz)
Nope.

Fun Fact: I have the HOVA Prototype at my house sitting in a plastic baggy waiting for me to put it back together. (I also picked the name!)
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #3182
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I myself am now waiting to see what Takara does I am no longer on the 3rd party band wagon and am actually looking to get rid of them. 3rd party are great just TT does a better job IMHO
Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #3183
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Fun Fact: I have the HOVA Prototype at my house sitting in a plastic baggy waiting for me to put it back together. (I also picked the name!)
We have someone here that has access to the prototypes? How do you get them? I'm looking to buy a couple if any come up for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I myself am now waiting to see what Takara does I am no longer on the 3rd party band wagon and am actually looking to get rid of them. 3rd party are great just TT does a better job IMHO
This is a joke right? Can you name a single instance where Takara is better than a reputable third party company?
Quakewave > Laserwave
all FansToys Dinobots > Grimlock
all third party Megatrons > Megatron

MP10 is the only instance of a figure that has yet to be better in third party form, mostly because nobody has really attempted it seriously.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #3184
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
This is a joke right? Can you name a single instance where Takara is better than a reputable third party company?
Quakewave > Laserwave

MP10 is the only instance of a figure that has yet to be better in third party form, mostly because nobody has really attempted it seriously.

Quakewave is more IDW Shockwave while Takara Laserwave is more cartoon accurate. Each on their own.
MP-08 was a product of from 2009. But I don't think Takara really needs to do a new and bigger MP Grimlock 2.0 to scale with MP-10.
MP-05 dates even further back. But none of those 3P KO Megatron does anything for me.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #3185
Gaudreau
Generation 1

Jazz would be an automatic purchase as he's one of my favorites

My Sales Thread
Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:42 PM   #3186
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:

Quakewave > Laserwave
Kobayashi-san doesn't approve of this post.

I'm sure you will probably state the KFC isn't a "reputable" 3P company but that doesn't matter. The finish and feel of most 3P toys are dull, unpainted and cheap feeling to me. The only consistent exception so far I have come across is FansToys. But even they have issues. But you are entitled to your opinion. I'll take an MP over a 3P any day.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #3187
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I really wish there are more Japanese 2P companies making TF officially licensed by Takara.

like this guy
Old 10-05-2016, 05:39 PM   #3188
elburrito
Animated

Of course there is a subjective element here, but I see it exactly the opposite. In terms of G1 cartoon accuracy, I have yet to see a 3rd party equal Takara.

Quote:
Quakewave > Laserwave

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #3189
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Kobayashi-san doesn't approve of this post.

I'm sure you will probably state the KFC isn't a "reputable" 3P company but that doesn't matter. The finish and feel of most 3P toys are dull, unpainted and cheap feeling to me. The only consistent exception so far I have come across is FansToys. But even they have issues. But you are entitled to your opinion. I'll take an MP over a 3P any day.
KFC is last week's trash, their Mugen Scope is on sale for $20 this week at TFSource, down from $75. Every review on the TFSource site is 1/5 or 2/5 for how it breaks just from looking at it. I have their Transistor and I'll never buy anything from them again, the plastic is cheap and it scratches just from handling it.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #3190
pside9
Beasty

I appreciate having the better 3P companies around, like FansToys and Maketoys.

If G1 cartoon accuracy is not an obsession for you, then they have some very appealing design choices ... to me anyway.

I love my Laserwave, but its head reveal and hollowness ( in bot legs and in weapon mode) made me regret selling off Quakewave.

Takara cannot become lazy with their engineering because they have real competition.

P.S. I love Takara MP Ultra Magnus . I'm even seriously thinking about getting Delta Magnus (the diaclone repaint)

Last edited by pside9; 10-05-2016 at 06:24 PM.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote