Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #21
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,036
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Voyager Springer and sandstorm are a thing (and are both excellent).
But Broadside being a Headmaster and having a proper cockpit (2 actually) doesn't really fit with them.
__________________
Coming soon: rien.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:19 AM   #22
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Shockwave 75's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,253
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Victorion - 2 cars and 2 helicopters as limbs, couldn't they diversify with a jeep, plane, tank, something else? Very lazy.
The blame layeth not with Hasbro here, but with us, the fans. Victorion was one of the fan vote figures, and two cars and two helicopters is what the fans voted for!
__________________
READ MY FEEDBACK
COME SEE MY COLLECTION
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #23
oroboru
Machine War
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 250
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
The blame layeth not with Hasbro here, but with us, the fans. Victorion was one of the fan vote figures, and two cars and two helicopters is what the fans voted for!
Did the fans ask for the use of tan in the colour scheme?
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 AM   #24
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,036
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Tan? You meal teal?
__________________
Coming soon: rien.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #25
Collectingtoys
Robot in Disguise
Collectingtoys's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 532
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
The blame layeth not with Hasbro here, but with us, the fans. Victorion was one of the fan vote figures, and two cars and two helicopters is what the fans voted for!
Oh gosh! I didn't know that.

Allowing people to vote for what they want, what could possibly go wrong with that.
__________________
My Sales Thread
My Feedback
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #26
Janitor
Cybertron
Janitor's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Markham
Posts: 1,123
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Oh gosh! I didn't know that.

Allowing people to vote for what they want, what could possibly go wrong with that.
It wasn't necessarily "what the fans voted for", well not exactly. IIRC it's because of their voting system was extremely flawed. Imagine the voting options for the 4 deluxes, each offering:
-car
-helicopter
-jeep
-plane
-tank
-SUV
But each deluxe had it's very own vote option. So I could vote
1) car 2) jeep 3) SUV 4) helicopter
and another fan could vote
1) tank 2) car 3) helicopter 4) plane

Then over the course of thousands of fan votes we'd see the leading votes for each slot as
1) car 2) car 3) helicopter 4) helicopter
When a "true" breakdown of total fan votes might look like
Car - 30%
Helicopter - 25%
Plane - 21%
Jeep - 19%
Tank - 3%
SUV - 2%
So what the fans ACTUALLY wanted are this aforementioned top 4 (and not 2 x 2 molds)

Apologies if I couldn't paint a clear enough picture, tried my best

Last edited by Janitor; 10-11-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #27
Collectingtoys
Robot in Disguise
Collectingtoys's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 532
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
It wasn't necessarily "what the fans voted for", well not exactly. IIRC it's because of their voting system was extremely flawed. Imagine the voting options for the 4 deluxes, each offering:
-car
-helicopter
-jeep
-plane
-tank
-SUV
But each deluxe had it's very own vote option. So I could vote
1) car 2) jeep 3) SUV 4) helicopter
and another fan could vote
1) tank 2) car 3) helicopter 4) plane

Then over the course of thousands of fan votes we'd see the leading votes for each slot as
1) car 2) car 3) helicopter 4) helicopter
When a "true" breakdown of total fan votes might look like
Car - 30%
Helicopter - 25%
Plane - 21%
Jeep - 19%
Tank - 3%
SUV - 2%
So what the fans ACTUALLY wanted are this aforementioned top 4 (and not 2 x 2 molds)

Apologies if I couldn't paint a clear enough picture, tried my best
That makes sense than I guess Hasbro took the easy way out.

My kid wanted me to get her every female Autobot, which I have and than she saw Victorion in the Machinima cartoons, asked why we don't have that toy yet. I just made the excuse that they haven't made her yet.
__________________
My Sales Thread
My Feedback
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #28
Oreobuilder
Masterpiece
Oreobuilder's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,009
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboru View Post
Did the fans ask for the use of tan in the colour scheme?
Assuming you meant teal, yes fans voted for the color scheme as well.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #29
Transbot90210
Animated
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,830
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

My current vent is that I have nothing to buy until siege is released
__________________
There from the start, there until the end!
***PROUD SUPPORTER OF 3RD PARTY PRODUCTS***
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #30
BludChylde
Generation 2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Napanee ON
Posts: 108
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith27 View Post
3. CW feet - I don't hate them, but I wish they had offered the better style feet as an option with some of the other voyagers. Throw them in with the G2 box sets or that random Scattershot release or something.
The HFGs from CW aren't great, but I prefer them over the PotP feet. I like that with PotP hands are hands and feet are feet, but the feet are so small they look like toddler shoes on an adult.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping







Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO TAKARA ROBOT AUTOBOT METROPLEX STATION
Transformers
Takara Transformers Masterpiece: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (Prime)
Transformers
Transformers Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Action Figure Official
Transformers
2005 Takara G1 Transformers Convoy Optimus Prime Pepsi Twist Bottle Reissue MISB
Transformers
Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Volkswagen Car Action Figure Authentic
Transformers
Transformers Masterpiece MP-28 Hot Rodimus Authentic Action Figure
Transformers
Masterpiece MP 04 Optimus Prime

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.