Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #281
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Amazon.ca Sightings

Aye.

I agree it is ultimately Amazon's responsibility for complete delivery.

I've been a Prime member for about 2 years, and have never seen a delivery made by a courier bearing the Amazon logo. It has always been Canada Post, or Purolator. (Note, I have never upgraded to same-day or one-day delivery.)

I am just curious to know if, when someone says "the Amazon guy", it is an actual courier under the Amazon name, or if it is an outsourced courier (Canada Post, Purolator, DHL, UPS, or others).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle

Last edited by steamwhistle; 07-29-2018 at 11:30 PM.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #282
Primetyme
Generation 2

It's a hotly debated topic which is why in the US they created "Amazon Key" where they let the delivery guys drop items directly off into your home (I wouldn't do this). Like the article says, theft is rampant in certain areas. It's usually the Amazon couriers who just leave it at the front door because they don't have pick up alternatives after a delivery attempt.

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/25/16...me-camera-lock

When Amazon sends by Canada Post, usually they bring it back to a pickup location so you can sign for the item. It's a lot safer so you don't have to go through the hassle of calling customer support and then waiting longer for the item or say an item becomes no longer available and isn't replaceable like some of the stuff we collect. Then scalpers step in jacking up the price on Amazon.

I've never had an issue, but it certainly is a touchy subject.
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:47 PM   #283
steamwhistle
Crossover

Yea... I can understand the rage.

Most of my deliveries (and mostly from Amazon and Walmart) are made by the same person, in a van with a Canada Post sign in the windshield. The delivery person most-often just drops the package and gently knocks, and I can barely hear it if I'm home. Most of my orders are household supplies, so it's not that big of a deal.

Once I ordered a PS4 from Best Buy, and I wasn't home at the time of delivery. It was just left on my front porch, and sat there for about 5-6 hours.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:08 AM   #284
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I literally started using the second address line for ANY large parcel DO NOT SAFE DROP. Forced Canada Post to leave me a parcel pickup slip or fedex whoever.

Still pissed me off the one time I was home all day and constantly tracking a parcel and then all of sudden it was listed as attempted to deliver, no response. Ticket left on the apartment building door. Fuck you! I didn't miss anything you lazy ass.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:57 AM   #285
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Aye.

I've been a Prime member for about 2 years, and have never seen a delivery made by a courier bearing the Amazon logo. It has always been Canada Post, or Purolator. (Note, I have never upgraded to same-day or one-day delivery.)

I am just curious to know if, when someone says "the Amazon guy", it is an actual courier under the Amazon name, or if it is an outsourced courier (Canada Post, Purolator, DHL, UPS, or others).
Yeah mine is the legit Amazon courier. They just send out a guy in a rental van or even a car sometimes with 1 day and same day, which is what 99% of my stuff is.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:57 AM   #286
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Aye.

My shipments were delivered to me (I'm in Montreal) by INTELCOM COURRIER CANADA.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #287
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Some shipping companies you can setup a profile and leave instructions for how you want your packages delivered. It can be set for all packages or individually select one shipment.

i.e. leave on porch, leave at back door, side of house.

The disclaimer is if they say it's delivered and your package is gone they are not liable.

Valuable items I just have sent to a pick up post office
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:16 AM   #288
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Canada Post, in a private van(?), just dropped off my Nemesis Prime. So a day earlier than posted and it was still sealed in the shipping case that was in another box. So extra protection.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:33 PM   #289
kiweh
Generation 1

Received my Nemesis Prime today. Arrived in its own Nemeis Prime cardboard box inside an Amazon cardboard box.

Canada Post delivered it into the large container slot in my community mailbox. My Amazon deliveries are usually handled by Canada Post but lately I've had quite a few deliveries handled by Intellicom. Canada Post usually knocks/rings doorbells and then leaves it at my doorstep and takes off as quickly as possible. Intellicom always waited for a signature and you can see the signed signature on their delivery tracking page. I'm not sure what Intellicom does if nobody is home as I've been lucky to always have had somebody home with their deliveries.
kiweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:08 PM   #290
ngnaw
Armada

Yep, Nemesis arrived inside it's own Hasbro cardboard box inside an Amazon cardboard box. Box is flawless!