Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #61
papavader
Beer Keg Combiner
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

The whole idea of paying to buy does not sit well with me... What is the membership cost anyway? might not be worth it just to get Devy... Luckily I know a member...
Old 07-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #62
bishop
Generation 2

I miss those $1.75 hot dogs... man, you could put a lot of condiments on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Costco's return policy is second to none. And cheap gas and the best $1.75 hot dog and drink around
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #63
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Costco's return policy is second to none. And cheap gas and the best $1.75 hot dog and drink around
Here Here. I`ll toast to that
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #64
ccsquinty
Generation 2

Quote:
You are overpaying for your hot dog/drink...It's only $1.50...😀
ccsquinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #65
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by papavader View Post
The whole idea of paying to buy does not sit well with me... What is the membership cost anyway? might not be worth it just to get Devy... Luckily I know a member...
From what I remember from the 6 mths we had a membership, I think its $50 and you get the full amount back if you cancel before the year is up. Which is what we did - we were buying too much stuff we didn't need, and could get pretty much everything we did need cheaper on sale at "regular" stores. It's a sweet place though.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #66
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop View Post
I miss those $1.75 hot dogs... man, you could put a lot of condiments on those.
It's 1.50 and you get a unlimited refill on soft drinks included! But I don't know if this applies to all Costcos or not but now they put the onions, hot peppers, sauerkraut in little containers and 1 of each per hot dog/polish sausage...
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:12 PM   #67
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
From what I remember from the 6 mths we had a membership, I think its $50 and you get the full amount back if you cancel before the year is up. Which is what we did - we were buying too much stuff we didn't need, and could get pretty much everything we did need cheaper on sale at "regular" stores. It's a sweet place though.
Membership is 55 dollars for the basic, I suck at shopping membership or I'm an old, single person. Everyone else should have the Executive one, it's 110 but you get 800-1000 dollars a year in grocery savings, 2% cash back on nearly everything you buy, extra savings on home & auto insurance, car rentals, home phone services, and much more.

There is nothing you can buy at any store cheaper, even on sale, that's simply not true. People who say that are not truly comparing the Costco size with the regular store version of the same product.

I can guarantee that 100%.

But I will be honest, if you need convincing to shop at Costco and pay 110 bucks to save hundreds per year, you should seriously look at what you are paying for stuff, because it's probably too much.

Since shopping at Costco, I've saved hundreds of dollars on my yearly groceries, over 100 dollars a year in car insurance, and I've earned well over 150 bucks back each year with my 2% reward.

But yes, if you're not satisfied with your membership they will refund it at any time as long as it is not expired, but you can't sign up again for 6 months after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papavader View Post
You must never shop anywhere then, because you pay to shop everywhere, Costco is merely up front about it.

There is nothing at Costco that is marked up more than 14%. NOTHING. Costco makes almost ZERO money on it's products.

You know what the mark up is at your local grocery store? Or Wal*Mart? Or any other store you shop at? Over 100% on average.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #68
mcfmullen
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
But I don't know if this applies to all Costcos or not but now they put the onions, hot peppers, sauerkraut in little containers and 1 of each per hot dog/polish sausage...
No hot peppers, onions or sauerkraut in Laval or Boisbriand stores

Makes no sense why Pointe-Claire is getting 72 units while Laval is only getting 36 considering that Laval is the 3rd largest city in Quebec by population and Pointe -Claire has a population less than 1/10th of Laval.
mcfmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #69
alternatorfan
g1 baby

What about winnipeg we a re the heart of Canada and no devy love sad....
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:49 PM   #70
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
It's 1.50 and you get a unlimited refill on soft drinks included! But I don't know if this applies to all Costcos or not but now they put the onions, hot peppers, sauerkraut in little containers and 1 of each per hot dog/polish sausage...
1.50 in edmonton. Load er up. $2 huge pizza slices. Fries and gravy less than 3.

We split our shopping. Produces, more weekly goods from save-on foods. Certainly sometimes the variety at Costco lacks. But we buy almost all our meat there. Great prices (well, beef is Looney lately, but that's everywhere) and butchered in store. I've compared. Great prices on things like honey, maple syrup, quinoa, agave syrup. Two huge bottles for $15. One regular size bottle is usually 8 or 9. Fruit cups and apple sauce for the kids. They carry a gluten free rice cracker my wife loves.

I don't usually go out of my way for gas, but it's always cheaper by at least five cents.

Anyway it's worth it to us. Some stuff lasts for months.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote