Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Decepticon Army
King of the Obscure
Canadian Slag Episode 49 - Goin' back to Cali, Cali, Cali

Back from Botcon and out of money the hosts have dedicated this episode to discussing their experiences at Botcon 2011. Everything from the guests, to the panels, to the Hall of Fame, to the food. All is touched upon in this very special episode.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Episode 49: Goin’ Back to Cali, Cali, Cali
Host: Daniel w/ Phil, Chris and Jon
- Recapping everything that was Botcon 2011

DOWNLOAD NOW!
(Click the link to play in browser or right click and save if you wish to download outside of iTunes)

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW!

Last edited by Decepticon Army; 06-14-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Decepticon Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 49 - Goin' back to Cali, Cali, Cali

and downloading now
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

waiting for itunes to get the slag is always so painful
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Jawz. D
That Black Guy

Wha? LOL! Awesome. I'm wondering if Protoman sang in Japanese like at the TFCon podcast.

Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JawzD
Jawz. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I just ran out of Podcasts to listen to, and now I see this! Thanks for saving my work day guys, I can't wait to listen to this episode
Life at the office isn't the same without you nerds in my ears
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Welcome back to the fold boys,we missed you.

Okay,to the Podcast:

Good God,all the David Kaye goodness that I can not get for a long time (Toxitron,Dead End,and the My Fair Grimlock sketch)

Tara Strong voiced Strika in Animated,to hear someone else exceed her is pretty shocking in my opinion.

Also,I would have love to meet Abby Collins and get that damned Minerva card...and Phil,shame on you for not putting the two and two together on Abby and Chris Latta

Are any photos of Darkhide available?I'm very curious to see what this 'Quickstrike-homage' looks like.

Ultimate Prime is not a butterfly?NO! Also,thanks for clarifying whether there was a difference between the retail and SDCC Ultimate Prime...just a box?Whatever floats Hasbro's boat I guess

Phil,I'm getting the whole Scan Series set.Can't wait to display those boys in my collection

It's pretty likely I may not get the Amazon Unicron (Since I already own one),but I admit that it is very lovely.

Thanks boys for alerting me on the Leadfoot merchandise.This will give me another excuse to head to the States to 'visit family'

I was pretty much on the eye on the Prime toys,and that exclusive is also a must-get for me.

I'm very surprised that there wasn't a question about a possible Beast Wars toyline,considering that we got two characters in the Hall of Fame,a Shout DVD release,homages in their toys,and the 20th Anniversary coming up?Hmm....

Love your adventures in the Autograph Line...but guys...did you really have to say that about Tania Gunadi,despite her being 28? (Maybe I need to meet her to dispel your creepy appreciation of her)

Flint Dille talking about Greek mythology in Transformers?My God,I could have gotten hours and hours of discussion about that,and YES!Beast Wars!Glad to see he's on board for it.Thanks for the good news guys.I hope you guys will get him to TFCon,the man sounds wonderful.

I always love the aspiring Voice Actors questions.The responses from the experts are interesting,but if they need to learn about how to get into this business,asking the VAs in a Panel isn't the best approach.If they really want a thorough grasp on how to get from Point A to Point B,they should ask them and engage in a constructive discussion after the Panel,as well with through extensive research from various Voice Actors who specialize in this answer (Ie. Kyle Herbert,Trevor Devall,etc.)

Christ Almighty!Based on the assumptions,were I ever go to BotCon I should be cautious about the food that's being served to me...and you poor fools should always check the weather before leaving (And for the love of God boys,embrace the Florida heat!Embrace it!).Other than that,the alcohol,IHOP,and gambling does entice me to go to a BotCon one day.

Nice Episode guys.Thanks for giving me a glimmer of hype for TFCon.

Also,thanks for letting Slag say 'Put it on my chest'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Just something to add about Solus Prime. I believe they said that the hammer she has was used to forge the weapons for the others.

My BotCon haul, for anyone who cares, was micromaster Swindler and his team for $8. Erector wishes he was as cool as Swinlder. I'm a huge BttF fan so I would have been happy to pay $8 just for him, but I got his whole too. So, bonus!

Also got the Universe 2.0 Legends Ramjet and Thrust, which I already have from Target exclusive Ariel Rivals 5-pack, but at the time I mistook for the BotCon exclusive Ramjet and Skywarp. So now I think I have doubles of them, but I love that mold anyways. And they were only $8 as well for the pair. I think I'm still looking for the BotCon exclusive repaints, and the original Starscream, and the new UK game exclusive one, and the new TRU 4-pack exclusive one.

That, and the Shout Factory Beast Wars complete box set, was all I bought down there. I'm kicking myself now for not picking up that Greatshot while I was down there. If only he wasn't missing 1 of his guns. And if only I had the space in my suitcase.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 06-15-2011 at 08:57 AM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Meeting all them voice actors must have been awesome!
What do you guys think of the new FP/iGear stuff?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

What an odd episode title considering I was the only one this episode to return to California...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Meeting all them voice actors must have been awesome!
What do you guys think of the new FP/iGear stuff?
Hmmmm actually didn't get much of a chance to absorb it at the show but I think there will be more opportunity in the future to get closer and more personal...

As for the images I saw online...

iGear Huffer and Seaspray... cool...probably won't get Seaspray as I like the the HftD take on him. Huffer is nifty but kinda close to G1...I like updates. May get him depending on how much I like him in person.

iGear Coneheads. Want...loved the mold before...still too...wish I wasn't a poor student...next year...next year...

iGear Sunstorm/Blue jet....most likely a pass

FP G2 Prime armor...interesting concept, looks cool, but could probably live without it.

FP Seaspray and Powerglide. Again...I like the larger updated Hasbro versions...plus they were lame characters anyways...and Powerglide's head is HUGE

FP Insecticons. Look great in person. May have convinced me to get them...damnit.

FP Heartmaster Grimlock. Meh. Never really understood the interest in Grimlock anyways. Fucking dumbass...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
Protoman
The Legend

Outro song for episode 49 by the way was from the legendary Transformers Galaxy Force series "SEE YOU! CALL YOU!"
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote