Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #221
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
"According to the company’s website, Walmart Canada will continue to accept coupons and match Walmart.ca prices for identical items purchased instore."

WTF? They never price match walmart.ca every time I tried? LOL

That said, I'm good that don't want to price match, cause I have no plans of supporting Walmart, I rather support Canadian run TRU.

I would LOVE to support TRU, it just sucks that they TF inventory is so damn late. No way to tell if they will even get some waves or not. So I just buy at the first place I see. and if its Walmart, then so be it.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:05 AM   #222
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I would LOVE to support TRU, it just sucks that they TF inventory is so damn late. No way to tell if they will even get some waves or not. So I just buy at the first place I see. and if its Walmart, then so be it.
That's how I shop too. If I see it & want it bad enough then I'll get it first chance. Can sometimes price adjust later if able. If not, then oh well.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:48 AM   #223
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Well, price matching in store ends in Oct: https://globalnews.ca/news/7343931/w...ching-program/
MOTHER-LOVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
WTF? They never price match walmart.ca every time I tried? LOL
I have also heard "we don't price-match the website" many times - and the delivery is often so knee-jerk, it's like they not even considering you, just NOPE, turn you ass around and get out of here

So to hear their official announcement like "we will continue to do this as we always have", can eat a d*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
What's the point anyways, they manipulated their "ad match" to death, it's like pulling teeth to do a price match.
Ditto to this too - back during TR/POTP, I had many ad-match/price-match attempts, and the level of success i met with was directly related to how "exactly" the evidence matched - sometimes they wouldn't even match the size class, they'd look at the flyer and the fig I brought up and be like "that's not the same guy, no dice"
Then again, other times they just ring it through like they don't give an F - really depended on who you got, and that's unfortunate

Quote:
One thing I will acknowledge on their side is that price matching must be second only to returns in terms of scam attempts. For every one of us trying to legitimately match the price with TRU for a $9 savings, there's probably 2 attemtps to match faked ads, sites, etc by scuzzy people looking to get a TV pricematched at hundreds off.
Yeah, I absolutely got the feeling more often than not, that when you approached with an ad-match, it was almost adversarial - like "I the customer service desk employee, am going to find a way to defeat you, the scoundrel who is here to bilk my precious oligarch multi-billion dollar company out of six bucks, you absolute scum"
Though I will say, it came off as generational thing too - younger staff are WAY more easygoing about it - the older the staff was, the more likely they were to turn me away "nah I'm a billion years old and I recognize a goddamned sneak when I see it, with your beard and jean jacket and long hair, goddamned hippies, etc etc etc"
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #224
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

The main concern is if other retailers follow suit with walmarts decision. Since covid they changed their return policy and its a hassle even to return a new unopened item.

We are fortunate tru even offers a raincheck policy as many retailers stopped that a long time ago. Interesting thing i don't even see a policy for raincheck on their website. Which is why I don't make a fuss if they don't give me one. Complain to head office too much and they could just stop offering it.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #225
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Actually, from a money loss standpoint, I was talking to a Walmart manager one day recently and they've already crunched the numbers and they're losing a lot of money to self check-out thefts.

If you thought that that would mean that they will be removing self check-outs, like they're doing with the price matching, think again. Walmart I'm sure has a whole department of accountants working on the long term money savings of getting rid of most cashiers in the next 10 years... :/

Self check-outs are here to stay I would imagine, and while stores may be saying right now, that "no cashier jobs are at risk" we all know that THAT isn't going to hold up for long.

Unfortunately, this was always going to happen with the advances in tech. It's always just a matter of how, and when...

Stay in school kids...

Stay
In
School.

[BTW, am I the only one who finds that some words "look wrong" when the first letter is capitalized? I always think that "school" is spelled wrong when the S is a capital. lol]
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #226
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Actually, from a money loss standpoint, I was talking to a Walmart manager one day recently and they've already crunched the numbers and they're losing a lot of money to self check-out thefts.
I'm not surprised, there's a lot of opportunity to steal at those. And since they disabled the weighing feature on the bagging areas (at least mine has) since Covid began, nothing is checking that you actually scanned that last item other than 1-2 busy employees supervising a dozen self checkouts.

That and being able to ring weighed items up as bananas or something else super cheap per kg. Buying $8/kg organic avacados? More like 53c per kg bananas!"

Please note: I never pull these shenanigans- I'm the overly scrupulous guy double-checking the codes are exactly right and entering the exact number of bags used, etc. But I can see the flaws in the current implementation.

That said they generally can't accurately tell what's self-checkout theft vs shoplifting vs employee theft. In the system it's all "fewer barcodes scanned and paid for at POS system than (# delivered minus current inventory)". But I'll bet they saw shrinkage spike in every store right after opening self checkouts hence the change.

Last edited by Goaliebot; 09-22-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #227
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:

That and being able to ring weighed items up as bananas or something else super cheap per kg. Buying $8/kg organic avacados? More like 53c per kg bananas!"
LoL, I wonder if it would be ok to do that if you are buying Peely figure from Fornite?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:25 AM   #228
DinobotsDestroyU
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
So true bro, I do the same thing. Sometimes I will buy at TRU if in fact they do end up getting it, while the return period is still active for my toy at Walmart and then return it to Walmart. TRU always has better deals. Walmart has been getting many exclusives though, the new 86 line will be a Walmart line if I am not mistaken.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #229
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

What's the new "86" line? Are you talking more reissues, but from toys released in 1986, or something else?
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #230
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
What's the new "86" line? Are you talking more reissues, but from toys released in 1986, or something else?
Studio Series is doing 1986 cartoon movie toys! If you check TFW2005, there are in-hand reveals of SS Hot Rod, Kup. A leaked pic of Scourge as well. They look GREAT. I think some of the G1 Dinobots have been found in listings as well.

Much like the Bayverse SS, they look like they walked out of the movie or a very good approximation. Hot Rod has his buzzsaw hand, his visor, and looks friggin' great. Kup looks excellent as well.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart