Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
FEZaid
Arabian Knight
Iron Man 3

(GO AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK BEING SPOILED)

So I got to watch Ironman 3 during this week, some of you didn't but try watching this weekend, take your family and friends even. What a great kick start to the summer, had fun watching the movie: great action, dialogue, unexpected plot twist. I was on the edge of my seat whenever the action scenes happen. Shows that anybody can wear a metal suit, but cant become Tony Stark himself.

SPOILER RANT:

Not ranting at the movie but the people who are complaining about the Mandarin not being evil enough, honestly those are Ironman fanboys who have their heads too far up their ass to realize this movie target audience are for the mainstream. Its a blockbuster movie, don't ever expect the movie in your image. (Take Transformers for example)

Last edited by FEZaid; 05-03-2013 at 08:09 PM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: Iron Man 3

It was the worst of the 3. Mandarin should have been awesome, what's the point of introducing him into a movie, and playing him up like they did to just fall hilariously flat. He was funny... don't get me wrong... but that's not what I wanted.
I'm not even a big IronMan fanboy. As a kid I read the occasional IronMan comic, but did know who The Mandarin was from various other comics, and knew HE HAD 10 MAGIC GODDAMN AWESOME RINGS THAT DID AWESOME THINGS WHICH IS WHY ANYONE GAVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM AT ALL!!! :|

Last edited by chovner; 05-04-2013 at 03:57 AM.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I saw it last night, I actually liked the Mandarin twist. The movies haven't exactly followed the comics so I though it was fitting.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
It was the worst of the 3. Mandarin should have been awesome, what's the point of introducing him into a movie, and playing him up like they did to just fall hilariously flat. He was funny... don't get me wrong... but that's not what I wanted.
I'm not even a big IronMan fanboy. As a kid I read the occasional IronMan comic, but did know who The Mandarin was from various other comics, and knew HE HAD 10 MAGIC GODDAMN AWESOME RINGS THAT DID AWESOME THINGS WHICH IS WHY ANYONE GAVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM AT ALL!!! :|
I agree and disagree. I wouldn't use the word "worst" to describe it, maybe least favorite. Worst would imply it was bad. Like ROTF bad. But it wasn't bad. It was really good... great even. Just missed something. I really enjoyed the plot twist and I'm pretty proud of myself for not spoiling it by reading ish online.

I watched Extremis months ago on Netflix and it was pretty close to that, and I liked that. Casting was really well done and for me the best part was Sir Ben Kinsley. He nailed it like a high school prom date. Guy Ritchie played a good part, and I now want to bang Rebecca Hall like a screen door in a hurricane. At least, I think that's her name.

Anywho I was a little sad with the after credits and a disturbing lack of Justin Hammer.

Personally I give it 3 and a half V-necks out of 5.

I'll buy it in the phase two box set.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
transforminator
Destroyer

Some gripes I had:

Pacing was too fast
Overdoing the comedy
The moment you realize that Killian is doing all this because Tony didnt meet him on the roof in 1999
Suits falling apart in every badass scene
Various other plotholes

It was a fun film, but fell flat on a lot of levels particularly since the marketing of this film suggested that the Mandarin would be villian of the year.

On another note, I really do appreciate the way they focused a lot more on Tony in this film. Getting to see his detective side and engineering abilities in the home invasion sequence was awesome!

Last edited by transforminator; 05-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I really enjoyed it. I loved the Mandarin Twist.

Probably the biggest gripe I have with it was they just kinda forgot about Tony's anxiety attacks and if he resolved them and how he over came them.

Other that that - Great film. I really, really enjoyed it.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Ned1701
Armada
Ned1701's Ebay Auctions

Not much to enjoy from this movie just a major disappointment. The Mandarin was just sad. Whats with the suits they seem to be really weak now? It was OK to cure Tony I guess but it didn't really explain how they could do that operation all of a sudden.
Ned1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
Valfar
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
(GO AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK BEING SPOILED)

So I got to watch Ironman 3 during this week, some of you didn't but try watching this weekend, take your family and friends even. What a great kick start to the summer, had fun watching the movie: great action, dialogue, unexpected plot twist. I was on the edge of my seat whenever the action scenes happen. Shows that anybody can wear a metal suit, but cant become Tony Stark himself.

SPOILER RANT:

Not ranting at the movie but the people who are complaining about the Mandarin not being evil enough, honestly those are Ironman fanboys who have their heads too far up their ass to realize this movie target audience are for the mainstream. Its a blockbuster movie, don't ever expect the movie in your image. (Take Transformers for example)

Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valfar View Post

I think you don't like my opinion? please emphasize.

Last edited by FEZaid; 05-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

It wasn't bad at all, but I do question how they handled the Mandarin. Why bother pulling an iconic villain into a movie if he is only going to be a decoy? It would be like if Red Skull was mask, or the joker was a guy in make up. This is the third movie in a series about a guy who has built himself multiple super suits and fought aliens side by side with a Green Monster and a God from another planet. I think the general movie audience can get behind a dude with magic rings... Not sure if that counts as fanboy butt hurt, but I don't really care. I don't even really love the Ironman character, it just seems a bit odd.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ironman, marvel, movie