Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
RageD
Energon
Re: Crazy Devy Predaking Mane Add-ons

I had no issues with any parts except the hands, because that ball joint in the thumb is going to snap if I even look at it wrong.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Oh, and so bought. I hope it's the last kit for Predaking though!
With respect, Pascal, I really hope it's NOT the last kit.

I'm really, really hoping for thigh extensions that allow some rotation at the thighs or knees as they seem to have shown in their photos and documentation.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
Pascal
Banned

Yeah, I forgot about the thigh extensions... and I want them too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #24
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
CD had to address the problem because of that one guy baby crying loudly about it on all major sites and doing them an extremely bad press because of, well, his extreme reaction. The replacement wings are thinner and won't get damaged. I have them.
Maybe I'm buying into the hype, but are you saying that nobody else had problems with the wings and it was a lone, very loud voice creating all of this? Maybe you can help correct me a bit on this but did the wings damage your stickers or scratch the plastic on the figure when you tried them on the original divebomb wings?

Quote:
People badmouthing CD usually don't own any of their products and just bitch about the price tags. What do they know?
You don't have to own something to garner info on it and form an opinion. That's what reveiws are for.

Quote:
Also, if you read the entire thread about the foot plates, you'll realize that only ONE person had problems with them... the OP, who got frontpaged.
You're right. Only one review that specificly states that the foot plates damaged their figure. Unfortunately that's one of only two reviews on youtube, positive or negative, I can find on these footplates. Both mention issues with them. Zero videos dispelling the issue. Maybe once you get a chance to test your footplates you can tell us if this issue pops up for you or not.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 09-09-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #25
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
The wings have 14K gold on them, that's why they're more expensive (plus, they're huge).
oh well i guess that justifies the price, but doesnt make me want them any more than i did before i knew that. if they ever did a not real gold version i'd be into that.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Maybe you can help correct me a bit on this but did the wings damage your stickers or scratch the plastic on the figure when you tried them on the original divebomb wings?
I never tried them on the original (unstickered - got the 2010 version btw) wings, I got my set well after the release. I wouldn't mind trying to find out, I'm never going to use them again anyway.

As for the footplates, there's at least one guy in that thread that says he never had any problems. He also points out how someone could damage his figure if inserted wrong. So the OP probably rushed to install his footplates and damaged (lightly) his figure doing so.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #27
RageD
Energon

I installed all the CD parts on a vintage predaking and had no problems. The reason? Took my sweet ass time doing it.

The wings presented no problem when inserted correctly and with extreme care, and it didn't damage stickers or wings themselves. HOWEVER it was very tight, and the additional pieces they sent fixed this problem to avoid POTENTIALLY damaging the figure. I say potentially because I could see how it would do so if proper care was not taken.

As for the foot plates.... Again, care was needed to ensure they worked and didn't causes excessive stress. If done slowly and carefully, no damage occurs.

It seems some folks either have giant thumbs or rushed to install these and didn't take necessary care to avoid potential damage.

Could the CD parts be better and have better tolerances? You bet.

Again the only thing I am concerned about with CD stuff, is that twig they call a thumb joint on the hands.