Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #101
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: TFCC Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
If you don't get one they want to send you a "Dion" instead...that is bait and switch people...which is illegal.
I'd have to check the Competition Act but I'm pretty sure this wouldn't fall under that definition, especially as it is a free gift and not something you are "buying" per se (or are you buying it as part of your subscription, hard to tell).

In any event the fact they are a US resident company essentially means our government can't go after after them for these sorts of things. In fact the membership agreement probably specifies the court that has jurisdiction over all the complaints is some US state...

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #102
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Were members not asked to pay their membership fee by a specific date to guarantee that they receive this figure? They sell this figure to members and non members before they ship out the free membership figures which is very bad business. Has anyone contacted hasbro...what is their involvement with TFCC? From all that I have heard about this rotten company, I will never join ...they way they treat people is despicable.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 09-16-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #103
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I totally understand why people are upset, and they have every right to be. They join the club with the expectation that the 'free' figure will make it worth their while. But unfortunately, I think Bruticus82 may be right. Under similar circumstances buy other companies, I've read under their rules and regulations that they don't guarantee that you'll receive the 'free' item. In the case where they run out, they will give you a similarly 'valued' item to make you whole. Since people didn't directly buy the item and there's no direct guarantee, if you don't get it, you may be SOL.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #104
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I'm still pretty sure this is some kind of mass Canada Customs or Canada Post delay. My US eBay packages are taking FOREVER to get here.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #105
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I'm still pretty sure this is some kind of mass Canada Customs or Canada Post delay. My US eBay packages are taking FOREVER to get here.
Yeah; I don't think this delay in of itself is the Club's fault. The main problem is that they didn't account for it (and honestly, who possibly would account for a problem this big?)

There's too many packages that haven't arrived for it to be their fault given others arrived; my suspicion is that the figures were sent out in two batches. Despite being spread out geographically, both batches would likely have been bottlenecked through the same Customs center.

I kinda wonder if there's any rhyme or reason - maybe they got sent out in batches using last name?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #106
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

I got mine today. however mine was bought by DemonSS from the club store after the free figures went out & was shipped to him & then shipped to me.
The spoiler is a lil bent & the paint apps are ok, but mine has 2 LEFT HANDS.

Glad to have him, but at the same time I feel bad for all you guys that might get screwed out of yours.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #107
Covain
Beasty

I also haven't received my figure yet but an order I placed with them for some older club magazines and the Cheetor figure arrived the other day. These were ordered well after the figure was suppose to be sent. When I emailed them they said they have no extras and, as mentioned before, I could have Dion figure. I already have that one. This is useless support. They should offer a gift certificate or something else more useful.
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #108
Plainsjumper
Machine War

Watching this issue with great interest. I've been thinking about joining the club too for the Runabout fig and to order the Runamuck fig.
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #109
Cobra Zartan
Generation 2

Any one recieve their missing sideburn today?
Cobra Zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #110
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

no Side Burn for me today
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote