Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-22-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Where to get boxes?

Things didn't pan out with the last time I raised this, figure I will try again.

There is an existing market for old G1/other boxes/cards, and I understand it's because they're a lot older/more likely to have been tossed/destroyed.

Where does one go, or what site can one visit, to acquire newer boxes/cards?

I am still trying to get the box/insert/instructions/collector card for 1st wave Combiner Wars Optimus Prime (red/blue); picked him up loose/complete a while back.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Where to get boxes?

I'm no expert on the matter, but with newer stuff, I don't think there's much of a market. If you check TF forums like this one, you might find some for sale, but most likely, it's not worth a person's while to keep these things to sell because they take up a lot of space.

I mean how much are you willing to pay for say a leader box, $5? And that's probably pushing it for the new stuff.

Most, IMHO, probably toss the boxes. Those that don't are keeping them for their own figure.

If you want the box and stuff, you'll have better luck buying one that's comes with the box, opened or not, and selling the one without the box.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
justprime
Animated

Dont lnow if I would say that... have seen g1 boxes fetch insane cash newer stuff give it thirthy years and say that
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Dont lnow if I would say that... have seen g1 boxes fetch insane cash newer stuff give it thirthy years and say that
Are you sure you're understanding what's being discussed here? Someone is trying to acquire a CW box today, not in thirty years.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
Scowly Prowl
Calculating variables...

I'm not sure how many would hang onto a CW box, after opening it. It's not like it's a MP or fancy 3P. You might have an easier (but more expensive) option of buying a replacement CW Prime either MISB or MIB, and leaving your existing one out to play.
Scowly Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:16 AM   #6
Nostalgic
Banned

In my opinion the best way to acquire the box would be to buy the figure mib/misb, take the packaging then resell the figure loose. It seems like a lot of work for a box though. Hopefully a member would be willing to help you out, I could imagine quite a few people have this figure in their own personal collection.
Nostalgic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:45 AM   #7
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Ya don't think you'll find many peeps selling just the box however you might find a complete one for a decent price.
Try a search in the "Items For Sale/Trade" in Cybertron Marketplace. Someone will probably have 1 in box there willing to part with @ a reasonable price.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Try a search in the "Items For Sale/Trade" in Cybertron Marketplace. Someone will probably have 1 in box there willing to part with @ a reasonable price.
Found "Cybertron Marketplace", what is best method to search? Ctrl+F each page, or is there a more universal search option?

Last edited by evenstaves; 11-26-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Found "Cybertron Marketplace", what is best method to search? Ctrl+F each page, or is there a more universal search option?
Well kinda a thread. Just click on Search in the bar near the top of this page. Then click on Advanced Search. In the "Keyword" box type in what you are searching for exactly. Then under "Search in Forums" area click "Items For Trade or Sell" then click Search Now. You'll get a bunch of results but this search option isn't perfect. You'll have to go through a lot of them to find what your looking for. Good luck.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #10
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Thx bruv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Well kinda a thread. Just click on Search in the bar near the top of this page. Then click on Advanced Search. In the "Keyword" box type in what you are searching for exactly. Then under "Search in Forums" area click "Items For Trade or Sell" then click Search Now. You'll get a bunch of results but this search option isn't perfect. You'll have to go through a lot of them to find what your looking for. Good luck.