Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night
Re: Universe Onslaught--KO Combaticons Unite!!

This has epic all over it.
I'll be watching this one.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
Terrorcon_King
Generation 2
Terrorcon_King's Ebay Auctions

the KO Combaticons are HUGE!! lol

My Feedback
TFW2005 Feedback
Terrorcon_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
chans formers
raff ow roud

you got an awesome start to something great there!!!keep it up!!!btw,where did you get those ko combaticons?asian market?i love how big they are.you should try to articulate them since theres so much more room inside of them than the standard scramble city type combiner.looking good either way!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #14
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

I got the KOs in a market near Houhai in Beijing. Lady promised to get me an Onslaught one too, but.... well, I should've known better. But now, with me having Universe Onslaught and four oversized Combaticons (they're about Deluxe size), I'm very much forced to get into the kitbashing. It's fun. Damn time consuming and very trial and error, but fun.

-First task is making it functional -- able to combine; hold the weight of it's own arms up; standable and bendable at the knee joints.
-Second is to work on the hands, feet, chest plate, and head.
-Third will be weapons. I want to be able to put ALL of the Combaticons oversized G1 weapons into use while combined as Bruticus. Brawl and Swindle's guns will combine into a rifle; Blast Off's guns will be Bruticus' back cannons; and Vortex's guns will mount on the sides of Bruticus' torso for a little extra artillery.
-And then painting.
-After all that, I'll think about gadgetry and articulation of the individual Combaticons. Vortex and Blast Off in particular, so that Bruticus can have elbows.

After I'm done gluing the joiner pieces, I'll post some more progress pics.

Thanks for the encouraging words y'all. I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl thinking about getting this thing done.

Prime Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #15
SMOG
zombicon

A lot of potential here! Wow!

Definitely those G1 bricks need some articulation added. You've got your work cut out for you if you're planning on doing all of this without altering your Onslaught.

On that note, I find it interesting that you're not willing to mod your Onslaught. When you really think about it, those KO giant Combaticons are actually rarer and in some sense, more valuable than U. Onslaught, who is clogging shelves all over North America at the moment.

Is that a mini-Bruticus you have on the side there, or a full size original? I was thinking that maybe an original Bruticus head (or Ruination or whatever) might be a decent size for your combined mode.

It might seem small, but that will help emphasize how massive he is overall. Just a thought.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

Looking good...

Are those KOs actually the size of the Universe Ultras?
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:17 AM   #17
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
On that note, I find it interesting that you're not willing to mod your Onslaught. When you really think about it, those KO giant Combaticons are actually rarer and in some sense, more valuable than U. Onslaught, who is clogging shelves all over North America at the moment.

Is that a mini-Bruticus you have on the side there, or a full size original? I was thinking that maybe an original Bruticus head (or Ruination or whatever) might be a decent size for your combined mode.

Well, the KOs are just not very fun unless I do something with them. They look great combined with Onslaught (I've already made the joiner pieces without altering Onslaught in any way), and they will look even better painted in G1 colors! I just don't want to alter (read: damage) my Onslaught toy because it's fun and looks good the way it is, and it's just not necessary (with a little ingenuity ... and patience... and luck). Don't really care if it's a shelf clogger as long as it makes me happy to see it on MY shelf.

And that is an original size (albeit KO) Bruticus beside him. So it's gonna be HUGE. The original size Bruticus head looks way too small. My next plan is to see what an Energon Bruticus Maximus head will look like for size. (I know that oversized Doubledealer head I have propped up there looks too big, and too happy silly). If the Bruticus Maximus head doesn't look good, I'm just gonna have to learn what this 'sculpy' stuff is all about.

Keep those suggestions coming dudes, I'm all ears and really just winging it with this project! It's just gotta be done!!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #18
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemetary Man View Post
Looking good...

Are those KOs actually the size of the Universe Ultras?
The KOs are about the size of the average Deluxe. They are a pretty good size match for the Ultra class Onslaught.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #19
Bootleg

Any update on the Universe Onslaughte Gestalt Projects???
Bootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 AM   #20
Prime Roller
Introspective Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
Any update on the Universe Onslaughte Gestalt Projects???
Well it's been a while since I started this one, and it's far from being a dead project. I've just been working on a couple of other projects at the same time -- also gestalts (not as big, but just as complex).
And I've just built a shelving unit, and am finishing up a rotating plexiglass display case.
And I'm moving back to Taiwan at the end of April.
But I'm still definitely working on the Bruticus project. Actually, after reading your post earlier this evening, I worked on that one instead of the other projects. Thanks for the nudge.
The knees and shoulders attach firmly; very strong and articulated (all without altering the Onslaught figure).
I should get some current pictures up, as well as pics for my other two projects.