Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
jacobot
drone 179
Metroplex for $134.99 in 2013 Sears Wishbook

Is this thing going to be everywhere this Christmas resulting in clearance pricing of under $100?
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Metroplex for $134.99 in 2013 Sears Wishbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Is this thing going to be everywhere this Christmas resulting in clearance pricing of under $100?

If it is, many people will finally be able to get their hands on a second gun. Oh, and there will be much customizing fodder.

But the more surprising thing to get from this thread: Sears actually sells toys?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
laffy
Crossover

most stores will only be bringin in small amounts.. metroplex will surely be wide spead via online sales ... by far the best buy i have made this year.... one thing to remember is that the canadain metroplex with french and spanish on the box will have its sound chip changed and will only make sounds. it will NOT talk.. so if you want the US ver. make sure you get the box with ONLY english on it
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
If it is, many people will finally be able to get their hands on a second gun. Oh, and there will be much customizing fodder.

But the more surprising thing to get from this thread: Sears actually sells toys?
Oh yes they do, but they are very delayed when it comes to getting new products, I found Animated voyager Starscream late last year, Classics Sunstreaker, movie Bonecrusher, etc.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
boy how old are you lol... sears has a christmas book everyear... and since metroplex is full retail it only seems fit for them to carry him... but i bet you will not see him is sears stores just online and their toy book
Old 08-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
most stores will only be bringin in small amounts.. metroplex will surely be wide spead via online sales ... by far the best buy i have made this year.... one thing to remember is that the canadain metroplex with french and spanish on the box will have its sound chip changed and will only make sounds. it will NOT talk.. so if you want the US ver. make sure you get the box with ONLY english on it

I saw this so many times, and the debate around this sound issue. Is it confirmed? I'm in Ontario, so far all the leader class I have, none of them speak French. On the box they do have French, sometime even Spanish.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I saw this so many times, and the debate around this sound issue. Is it confirmed? I'm in Ontario, so far all the leader class I have, none of them speak French. On the box they do have French, sometime even Spanish.
a member from quebec has one and has comfermed its sound chip is only sounds.. also with it being wide spead and being sold to quebec the laws will have to be followed... all i can say is blame quebec and to set it stright im french

as to getting the english box: only sold in the us or online and brought into canada (silver snail)...
- the us box has only english text on the box and will talk in english and make sounds
- the canada/spanish box will have english/french/spanish text on the box aswell will only have sound effects toy will not talk....

Last edited by laffy; 08-21-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
laffy
Crossover

The leader classes or all toys will not talk french it will not have any english talking only sound effects ... like some of the movie leaders sold in canada
Old 08-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
I have a feeling he'll be about on par with 25th Unicron as far as availability and clearance goes. Some of the smaller stores with limited stock will sell out before they get a chance to go on sale, but the bigger TRUs will get enough that they'll end up on clearance. Probably 40% off.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
I have a feeling he'll be about on par with 25th Unicron as far as availability and clearance goes. Some of the smaller stores with limited stock will sell out before they get a chance to go on sale, but the bigger TRUs will get enough that they'll end up on clearance. Probably 40% off.
Sweet new hobby, troop building Metroplex's LMFAO!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote