Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
jacobot
drone 179
D-9 ?

I saw this on the bus shelter and thought it was to scare criminals away... Apparently a movie ad?

Jetfire? Megatron?
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: D-9 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
I saw this on the bus shelter and thought it was to scare criminals away... Apparently a movie ad?

Jetfire? Megatron?
I saw a preview for that movie when I saw Wolverine. Not really sure on the premise, but the trailer didn't really capture my attention.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Is that the one where a space man travels to an alien planet, that is set up kinda like earth?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Is that the one where a space man travels to an alien planet, that is set up kinda like earth?
I think that is an animated one (cannot remember the name). From what I remember they had a blurred out alien in an interrogation room. I think it is like aliens immigrate to our planet... get treated like shit, etc. Maybe there is more to it?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

http://www.d-9.com/
Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
jacobot
drone 179

Phone the number to report escaped NBEs or NHs

Last edited by jacobot; 06-11-2009 at 02:00 PM.
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Hmmm..... I don't think I've ever heard anything about this movie. Its from Peter Jackson (who's supposed to be busy working on The Hobbit) so I don't know what direction its going. It could be straight faced satire comedy (probably, judging from that movie poster), it could be deep explorative drama, or it could be crazy batshit horror comedy.

The premise reminds me of Alien Nation.

Oh, the animated one is called Planet 51 (I think).
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

It's basically Alien apartheid. It's more of a social commentary on how those that are oppressed (South Africans) will do just the same to other cultures, in this case Aliens. I think has some really great potential to make you think on how we treat each other blindly even though we can clearly see. It's not directed by Peter Jackson, just "presented" by him.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
It's basically Alien apartheid. It's more of a social commentary on how those that are oppressed (South Africans) will do just the same to other cultures, in this case Aliens. I think has some really great potential to make you think on how we treat each other blindly even though we can clearly see. It's not directed by Peter Jackson, just "presented" by him.

Oddly enough, while going through the site and reading a whole bunch of regulations, my first thought was of how this could easily be adapted to a whole bunch of other franchises.

MegaMan X's Reploids could easily step in and take the place of these Non-Humans (which is exactly what came to mind). Then again thats probably because I played in a very fleshed out RPG based on that series, in which a few of these issues came up for background purposes.

Same could be done with Blade Hunter's replicants (I mean, MegaMan X is just a stylized version of Blade Hunter anyways), The Matrix's machines as seen in The Second Renaissance, modern super-plague victims, V, X-Men, etc.

One thing that did catch my attention on the site was the emphasis on hygiene of the Non-Humans (who look very much like cockroaches), and the specified distances to keep away from Humans and places associated with Human health and wellness. And for Humans to do the same in regards to Non-Humans unless otherwise informed. It looked to be above and beyond mere segregation.

So it may be legitimate concern that these Non-Humans are spreading disease and contamination without a care, since their biology isn't affected and their culture never had to deal with it. In that instance, I can see why a cockroach look was chosen for the aliens, since cockroaches are filthy but are barely affected by anything they get into. They could be killing people just through contact and neglect.

Edit: on a different note, I want to photoshop random things into that movie poster.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
hugh_da_man
Armada

http://www.multinationalunited.com/

another viral page for the movie
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote