Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #51
Beechy
The Veteran.
Re: Terminator Salvation

There's a Go-bots movie?
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #52
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Technically, yes, but that's not what I was referring to.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #53
Poho
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
I just finished watching it earlier today, didn't expect much. I tried to like it but I can't kid myself, I still like T2 way better.
this seems to be the problem, everyone is comparing it to T2. While making this comparison is logical as the films are in the same series, it is totally unfair. Terminator 2 is one of the best movies ever made. Period. No Terminator film will ever stand up to it. In fact, most sci-fi/action films can't stand up to it. But does that make all those films terrible? No. Try to forget the fact that it's technically and chronologically in the same league as Terminator 2, and take it for what it is:
A great summer flick with good and believable but not great acting, fantastic special effects, a sensible plot with a nice twist near the end, and some awesome fighting.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Xbox Live: Mr Poho
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #54
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Technically, yes, but that's not what I was referring to.

iRobot perhaps?
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #55
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poho View Post
this seems to be the problem, everyone is comparing it to T2. While making this comparison is logical as the films are in the same series, it is totally unfair. Terminator 2 is one of the best movies ever made. Period. No Terminator film will ever stand up to it. In fact, most sci-fi/action films can't stand up to it. But does that make all those films terrible? No. Try to forget the fact that it's technically and chronologically in the same league as Terminator 2, and take it for what it is:
A great summer flick with good and believable but not great acting, fantastic special effects, a sensible plot with a nice twist near the end, and some awesome fighting.
I agree, I think it would only be fair to compare it to T2 if T4 were written/directed by James Cameron. I think it would be fair to compare it to T3 or even those god-awful AVP movies.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #56
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Yeah, I could understand being disappointed that T3 and TS didn't live up to the standards of the first two if T2 had ended with several unresolved plot threads (the way, say, X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 did) but the fact of the matter is that T2 wrapped up its plotlines so well that any further sequels are unnecessary. If you don't like T3 or TS you can just ignore them and assume that Sarah, John and Unble Bob were able to stop Judgement Day for good, but if you do find the further sequels enjoyable in some way then they can act as a nice little bonus to the main duology.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #57
-KG-
Kranix

Saw this yesterday and I loved it. Everything was done well and a good start to a new trilogy. Fake Arnie looked amazing and Christian Bale played John Connor well. Kyle Reese was also well played, and I liked the addition of Marcus to the Terminator universe. I like that the actually explained John Connor's eye scar.

I also found it odd that there were no direct contradictions to T3, at least that I saw. I think it would be good if they continued on this path.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #58
Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KG- View Post
Saw this yesterday and I loved it. Everything was done well and a good start to a new trilogy. Fake Arnie looked amazing and Christian Bale played John Connor well. Kyle Reese was also well played, and I liked the addition of Marcus to the Terminator universe. I like that the actually explained John Connor's eye scar.

I also found it odd that there were no direct contradictions to T3, at least that I saw. I think it would be good if they continued on this path.
I really like how Kyle was portrayed and the addition of Marcus was awesome, I really enjoyed his story.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #59
Blurrz
Fast Everything

Marcus Fenix was pretty much the story of TF4. Outstanding character. Bale as Conner was meh... but I still have to say it's one of the best films that have been out recently .
Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #60
jacobot
drone 179

jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote