Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #71
riderman
Beast Machine
Re: $70 G1 Optimus

Today at Keswick Walmart I found the G1 Prime with broken and damaged boxes. Some had the flaps ripped in the corners, some had dings and dents on the top of the boxes. Some were even worst the bottoms were mutilated! For over $70 price I expect more than a disfigured boxed toy!! If it was just one or two I would have dismissed it but when "ALL" had issues I feel upset.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190210_165425.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	42879  
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #72
Soundwave Superior
Generation 1

$24 in 1985 is like $57.25 in today's dollars. That's a lot less than $70 and it had a trailer. This one's a swing and a miss for me.
Soundwave Superior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:11 AM   #73
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave Superior View Post
$24 in 1985 is like $57.25 in today's dollars. That's a lot less than $70 and it had a trailer. This one's a swing and a miss for me.
Back in the day I went to all the major department stores and retailers to get my G1 Prime sadly they were sold out. I was lucky enough to acquire one directly from Hasbro through mail. I found out that it was possible to mail a Transformer cut out order form with a check. It took over 4-6 weeks but it came in the mail eventually. Good news is it cost about $24.99 but it cost more because of shipping and handling fees. The bad news is it didn't come with the original box and was just the cab, trailer, roller, missiles and the stickers. Still have it but it has seen better days. Missing the gun, one fists, the hose for the welding tool or was it a gas pump?? It would have been grand to have the trailer with Prime!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote