Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 03-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #11
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: CHUG KO/OS/3rd Party/Undersized Reviews & Recommendations

JinBao OS Warbotron Bruticus
JinBao OS Gravity Builder
JuJiang OS JJ Jet Fighter

I'm not fond of the combiner sizes when it comes to CHUG, I like them to be big and really imposing. Ready to lift Optimus Prime in one hand and chuck him across the landscape kinda big and these guys fill that role. I also tend to prefer the individual bots in a team over their combined mode hence why I don't display standard CHUG combiners.

This trio scales well with each other. The biggest of them is Devy but that extra height is in the shoulders. Devy itself stands just below Siege Omega Supreme head when compared head to head.

The Devy is endlessly fiddly and takes a while to get standing proper but once done he is glorious. Just don't expect any majorly dynamic poses. Looks absolutely great on a shelf and comes at a decent price for something that size. Mine is also equipped with the upgrade kit but not the knee attachments as that makes him too tall for my purposes. In saying that the knee attachment actually adds a bunch more stability to the figure. At the head this guy stands about a half head taller than the official CW Devy but he is much much thicker. Overall quality is great but damn this is fiddly as heck. He sells for about $160 after shipping and then another $20-$30 for the upgrade kit.

The Bruticus is just like the Devy but with a bit more stability to it. There are no upgrade kits for this guy as far as I know. He sells for about $130 after shipping.

The superion is an up-scaled combiner wars superion and is really good quality. I find this guy to be the most stable, he is also the lightest of the three which I'm sure contributes to that stability. You can pull great poses with this guy if you choose to. He comes with upgraded hands and feet despite being a combiner wars KO. The OS Devy's head stands to the top of this guys antenna. This guy sells for about $160 delivered.

As Titan class sized combiners I like these guys. Size wise they also go well with the official/weijiang Predaking. A case can be made about how stylized the Bruticus and Devy are but I like it personally.

It's hard to recommend these to a CHUG collector but for my purposes I love them.

Wouldn't recommend for an MP collection, just not MP enough but the price is great. Makes you see just how overpriced official figures are considering how much plastic is pumped into these for the price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brut1.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	46037   Click image for larger version

Name:	brut2.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	46038   Click image for larger version

Name:	dev1.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	46039   Click image for larger version

Name:	dev2.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	46040   Click image for larger version

Name:	sup1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	46041  

Name:	sup2.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	46042  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-08-2020 at 11:30 AM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #12
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Maybe WeiJiang? Sandstorm

Found this guy on Alibaba for $18, I had no Sandstorm so I said why not. It was advertised as WeiJiang but I dunno... It came with a small and lousy instruction sheet and no box.

Quality, it's not bad actually. Feels solid and the joints are actually stiff. Head wobbles a bit but otherwise it stands and poses fine.

I did have an issue with some stress marks when a wheel fell off and I reattached it. That sucked, it makes me want to not transform it, ever.

Transformation seems the same as the original when following along with a youtube review.

All in all this thing seems to be on par with the original except it has no stickers, no big deal. Price is great considering how much Sandstorm sells for.

I do wonder about the size of this thing, is the original this big? I have it pictured with ER Prime if someone wants to tell me.

I'm happy with this purchase, worth it imo. .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	46076   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	46077  
Old 03-07-2020, 09:59 PM   #13
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

WeiJiang Oversized Titans Return Headmasters

I'm sure many have seen these guys floating around for a couple years now.

Quality on these guys is great, better than the original. In some cases improvements have been made like weirdwolfs cockpit flap along with other minor touches like added arm panels to fill gaps. Joints are actually tighter than originals as well.

The actual headmaster bot have lousy face sculpts compared to the original but nobody displays the head master. The face on the big bots on the other hand are fine but not without VERY minor differences. By no means bad.

Diecast adds weight but its not really needed in some places, still a nice touch and the joints support that extra weight well.

Paint is great on these guys as well, top notch. There are some minor differences in paint though, looking up individual reviews on youtube will show that. I dont have the legit Headmasters so I cant give a comparison.

I prefer these over the originals but that is due to the fact that the whole core team on both sides is available and that you can get near exact versions of these moulds through different characters in deluxe size. As such I don't mind having both Hardhead and Quake since there is greater variation due to the oversizing. I believe only weirdwolf has a unique mold but I could be wrong?

I recommend these but it's a very subjective thing as I'm sure many will insist that the headmasters should be deluxe.

I have them pictured next to ER Prime along with some of their mould mates, Apeface, and WrekGarr riding WrekGarr. Siege Ultra Magnus stands taller than these guys, not by much though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	46078   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	46079   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	46080   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	46081   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	46082  

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	46083   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	46084  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-07-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
WeiJiang OS Warbotron Bruticus
WeiJiang OS Gravity Builder
JuJiang OS JJ Jet Fighter

I'm not fond of the combiner sizes when it comes to CHUG, I like them to be big and really imposing. Ready to lift Optimus Prime in one hand and chuck him across the landscape kinda big and these guys fill that role. I also tend to prefer the individual bots in a team over their combined mode hence why I don't display standard CHUG combiners.

This trio scales well with each other. The biggest of them is Devy but that extra height is in the shoulders. Devy itself stands just below Siege Omega Supreme head when compared head to head.

The Devy is endlessly fiddly and takes a while to get standing proper but once done he is glorious. Just don't expect any majorly dynamic poses. Looks absolutely great on a shelf and comes at a decent price for something that size. Mine is also equipped with the upgrade kit but not the knee attachments as that makes him too tall for my purposes. In saying that the knee attachment actually adds a bunch more stability to the figure. At the head this guy stands about a half head taller than the official CW Devy but he is much much thicker. Overall quality is great but damn this is fiddly as heck. He sells for about $160 after shipping and then another $20-$30 for the upgrade kit.

The Bruticus is just like the Devy but with a bit more stability to it. There are no upgrade kits for this guy as far as I know. He sells for about $130 after shipping.

The superion is an up-scaled combiner wars superion and is really good quality. I find this guy to be the most stable, he is also the lightest of the three which I'm sure contributes to that stability. You can pull great poses with this guy if you choose to. He comes with upgraded hands and feet despite being a combiner wars KO. The OS Devy's head stands to the top of this guys antenna. This guy sells for about $160 delivered.

As Titan class sized combiners I like these guys. Size wise they also go well with the official/weijiang Predaking. A case can be made about how stylized the Bruticus and Devy are but I like it personally.

It's hard to recommend these to a CHUG collector but for my purposes I love them.

Wouldn't recommend for an MP collection, just not MP enough but the price is great. Makes you see just how overpriced official figures are considering how much plastic is pumped into these for the price.

WeiJiang OS Warbotron Bruticus
WeiJiang OS Gravity Builder

These 2 u got them wrong, they are from Jingbao

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #15
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post