Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
2014- What are your top figures for this year?

Here it is again, another year has come and gone. We've had a bunch of new 3p companies come out and Hasbro seems to be out doing themselves on their generations/combiner wars lines
(I'll not mention Aoe *shudder shudder*)

Like every year we have a list your top choices for the plastic Crack you threw money at his year. Let's see what you chose as your top pics plus some honorable mentions too.
I made masterpiece it's own heading so it can be Hasbro or Takara or both.

List your figures in these headings: All Figures must have been released in 2014.

Hasbro top 3 figures
Takara top 3 figures
Masterpiece top 3 figures
3rd party top 3 figures

Finally your overall Top Pick of the year with a runner up choice/

Here are my 2014 toys of the year.

Hasbro:

1- combiner wars Superion - Finally a combiner from hasbro that doesnt suck, i cannot put this guy down.
2- generations leader jetfire - he has some flaws (hoolow parts) but he looks fantastic
3-* generations arcee - Hasbro finally gave us a figure they should have given us 28 years ago.
Honorable mentions:
Aoe evasion prime with upgrade set The best non mp prime released in years with this upgrade.
Botcon Scorponok -never had the G1 version so this is great, a good match for my toyworld infinitor.
Generations brainstorm. Hasbro is finally giving us headmasters again. I hope more follow.

Takara

I didn't buy much non mp Takara
1- generations Rhinox -love the cartoon accurate paint, a great figure to boot.
2- convoy transforming pen - so poseable and awesome, a great prime for my generations Metroplex
3- deluxe Starscream armada style - great paint apps, better than hasbros version

Takara/Hasbro master piece:

1- bumble - i just love this tillte guy, he is the most perfect bumblebee to date. I finally dont hate
bumblebee again
2- Wheeljack - Best version of Wheeljack of course.
3- G2 sideswipe - looks just liek the comic, needs the ammo belt though.
(Magnus would have been #1 but
*Etoysjapans shipments got destroyed and I have to wait til Jan to get mine.*

3rd party.

1- toyworld infinitor aka Fort maximus -Love this Guy!
2- fansproject quantron - He looks fantastic, really fiddly but a great updated G1 combiner
3- fansproject columpio diaclone/retail -Love the drivers but not the targetmaster mess. retail colours
are my preferred version with these guys.
Honorable mentions:
Unique toys Mania King vr.2.0 - only flaw is his wrists but other than that he is pretty sick,finally someone
made a galvatron (i just heard another company is doing one now, shit.)
Before and after 6 gun. -He looks great with generations metroplex. perfect updated G1.
Mmc azalea pink vr.

Overall favourite toy of 2014:
Toyworld infinitor,* he's the perfect version of fort max that I wanted on my classics display shelf.* I've always wanted a fort max but he is way to bug for my display so this figure does everything right for me.*

Second place, is the combination of
Age of extinction evasion mode
Optimus prime and the DX9 D04 armor set.* Together they make the best non mp prime I've bought in years.* This is now the prime I have displayed on my classics shelf.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 12-30-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
zfarsh
Armada
Re: 2014- What are your top figures for this year?

I love every toy I bought this year except Hagen jetfire, which I returned even at 30$.

I guess in order

1) mmc Tigris and FP Columpio exclusive
2) mmc leoodux and FP Cubrar exclusive
3) mmc femmes azalea, asterisk and zinnia, and has bro wind blade.
4) Takara mp BB and WJ
5) mmc talon and iron factory sixshot / manacle
6) has bro gen whirl and UT Sharky.

Waiting for gen arcee and chromia, they will probably be third place along with other femmes.

Honestly a fantastic year, and so happy with my purchases this year.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Rev
Addict

Hasbro top 3

Waspinator
Rhinox
Ratrap

Takara top 3
N/A

Masterpiece top 3

Ultra Magnus
MP 10 reissue
Streak/Bee (tie)

3rd party top 3

MMC Predaking
Scoria
Kronos

And your top pick of the year plus a close second choice.

MMC Predaking
MP Ultramagnus

Magnus would win against any one bot. But compared to the combined glory of Feral Rex, it is edged out by a hair.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Hmmm hard to put them in order but I'll try:

Hasbro top 3 (only thing I can contribute to)

1) AOE Deluxe Drift - the Veyron is a sexy car, the transformation is easy but fun, robot is solid on his feet, comes with plenty of swords and aside from a lack of rear lights doesn't feel unpainted. Best movie toy I own.
2) Legend Skrapnel - I adore Insecticons! The colours, the alt mode... This guy hits all the design notes with a great transformation scheme and robot mode full of personality, plus his partner is reflector! I hope we get a new Kickback after Bombshell!
3) Generations Deluxe Tankor - I could have picked Armada Starscream or Rattrap for the generations representation but I like Tankor because I didn't expect much from him. He feels good in hand, his transformation is G1 easy and yet he's got joints up the wazoo. He doesn't feel unpainted either and he totally owns his slab tank alt mode! Fun toy to mess with.

Honourable mentions to the aforementioned deluxes but also to AOE Hound and Snarl. Snarl would have made it if I hadn't already put a movie toy in there and didn't have gorilla arms.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote