Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #11
optimusb39
Animated
Re: My thoughts on the POTP Dinobots.

I dont know what it is with slag and snarl but they remind me of a cross between a camelion and a hamster.. grimlock looks out of proportion with no feet. I yried toywprlds set at one point. Better size but there cpmbined mode was a mess, but this one is worse imo.
Sorry hasbro. Gigapower won me over at the point.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #12
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
My Slag has no problems pegging together in any mode. Swoop has the same "splitting" problem with the gestalt forearm that too many CW limbs have had (Dead End mold was the worst). I like the toys. They look great. I'll reserve judgment on combined mode until I have the other two limbs in hand, but honestly, I like what I see so far.

Totally cool with your opinions, other than thinking that the pegging or QC issues are definitive. On your copies I guess. I really enjoy them.
As individual robots I think they look good. Fun, and fairly faithful updates of the G1 figures with a good mix of toy and toon. For me, I would have rather had toon accurate over the clear plastic look the toys had.

As for my QC issues with Slag and Sludge, I don't seem to be alone. I've seen plenty of posts from others who have a Slag that won't hold together. I haven't seen much on Sludge yet.

However I think it's different figure to figure. Pretty sure Matrix Holder has no issues with his Slag, and he will find out tonight if his Sludge is better or worse than mine. I've considered taking mine back but he really doesn't look bad in his robot mode and that's the mode I care about over the others so the other modes are second fiddle to me at this point.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #13
BludChylde
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Hah, I thought this was a GotBot thread based on the title...
I thought the same thing. Only have Slug and Swoop at the moment so I'll wait until I have them all to judge. Only problem so far is Slug's legs won't stay together in arm mode. But it only seems to happen if I bend the arm mode's elbow certain ways.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:40 PM   #14
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Checked my figs tonight, each and everyone is qc approved. All of their joints are tight, everything tabs tightly with no gaps. Sludge definitely needed to be a voyager at least, it's weird to have that beast mode shorter than bumblebee haha.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:50 PM   #15
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
Checked my figs tonight, each and everyone is qc approved. All of their joints are tight, everything tabs tightly with no gaps. Sludge definitely needed to be a voyager at least, it's weird to have that beast mode shorter than bumblebee haha.
You lucky asshole!
Old 02-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #16
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
You lucky asshole!
I think he got the wrong set
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:14 PM   #17
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
I think he got the wrong set
You're absolutely right!
Old 02-26-2018, 02:47 AM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I understand the *sentiment* in wanting the Dinobots as voyagers and maybe a leader. I don't understand thinking that would ever happen. Or even doing a Titan class box set. It doesn't make any sense. *shrugs*

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #19
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I understand the *sentiment* in wanting the Dinobots as voyagers and maybe a leader. I don't understand thinking that would ever happen. Or even doing a Titan class box set. It doesn't make any sense. *shrugs*
I dunno. Even a non-combining Titan Class Dinobt set of 5 would be fantastic. No gimmicks, just large scale really well designed set of the Dinobots would be worth it to me. That may however NOT be what Hastak wants though so...shrug.
On that note, i'm not that impressed with the POP Dinobots either. I will get Snarl and Sludge to complete them but...yeah..
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #20
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

We know that Hasbro can and is willing to do it, since Movie Grimlock has both a Voyager and a new Leader class coming out, and both Scorn and Sludge both had Voyager class figures as well.

The problem lies with the combining gimmick. If it were just G1 Dinos, I'm willing to bet Hasbro would have went larger with them. I guess only time will tell if that's something they ever want to do.