Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
KoreanInferno
Alternator
Any play Disney Infinity?

Edit: Title was supposed to be "Anybody play Disney Infinity?"...oops!

I bought the Marvel starter pack when it was on sale and the collector in me was hooked. I have almost all of Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 and since my wife is a huge fan of Disney she's enabling me. Not like with Transformers where she can take it or leave it.

Just wanted to see if there are other boardies that collect Disney Infinity. I also have a bunch of doubles of power discs and wanted to see if we could get some trades going!

Here's my CL posting with what I've got. I have a bunch more Marvel ones too just haven't cataloged them yet.
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/vgm/5231136616.html
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
laffy
Crossover
Re: Any play Disney Infinity?

I'm hooked as well as my kids... sadly I'm not much hookd on the power up disks and think these are just money grabs... but as for the figures I have all ver 1.0 and 90% of ver 2.0 and have all ver 3.0 figures out now ...
I have Disney infinity for both the Xbox one and PS3.... a trick I have leaned is that I buy the starter kits for the xbox one and just buy the software for the ps3 as its cheaper than the xbox one and ps4 software to buy

side not I have an extra Xbox one base for sale if any one needs one....
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #3
laffy
Crossover

Im so hocked on the star wars theme content and cant wait till the new karting expansion comes out soon.... nothing is more fun than letting mickey fly the xwing or a tie fighter nothing lol
Old 09-28-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
I'm hooked as well as my kids... sadly I'm not much hookd on the power up disks and think these are just money grabs... but as for the figures I have all ver 1.0 and 90% of ver 2.0 and have all ver 3.0 figures out now ...
I have Disney infinity for both the Xbox one and PS3.... a trick I have leaned is that I buy the starter kits for the xbox one and just buy the software for the ps3 as its cheaper than the xbox one and ps4 software to buy

side not I have an extra Xbox one base for sale if any one needs one....
Power discs are definitely a money grab. Though the costume changes for the Marvel Characters are great and if you're into the toy box aspect and making levels then the texture packs for the different worlds are great too.

The base for the PS3 works on the PS4 and you can buy the software itself for $20 through the PSN store on PS4.

Quote:
Im so hocked on the star wars theme content and cant wait till the new karting expansion comes out soon.... nothing is more fun than letting mickey fly the xwing or a tie fighter nothing lol
Yeah, got the PS4 DI 3.0 so I have Boba Fett, Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke and Leia. The karting expansion is going to be awesome.

The one thing that sucks is that they're coming out with limited edition figures with lightsabers that light up. So I'd have to rebuy Anakin, Luke and Ahsoka if I wanted them to have the light-up saber (purely cosmetic, nothing game changing).
Old 09-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanInferno View Post
Power discs are definitely a money grab. Though the costume changes for the Marvel Characters are great and if you're into the toy box aspect and making levels then the texture packs for the different worlds are great too.

The base for the PS3 works on the PS4 and you can buy the software itself for $20 through the PSN store on PS4.

Yeah, got the PS4 DI 3.0 so I have Boba Fett, Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke and Leia. The karting expansion is going to be awesome.

The one thing that sucks is that they're coming out with limited edition figures with lightsabers that light up. So I'd have to rebuy Anakin, Luke and Ahsoka if I wanted them to have the light-up saber (purely cosmetic, nothing game changing).
I know that's what I'm saying.... that's what I did I buy the starter set fro the xbox one and buy the software only for my kids ps3

these LE figures are like the old crystal figures... but now with the light up lightsaber .... their cool but I never grabbed the crystal le from 1.0 and I don't plan on picking up these new ones other ... maybe one just cause it looks neat but that's it ...

Last edited by laffy; 09-28-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Quote:
I know that's what I'm saying.... that's what I did I buy the starter set fro the xbox one and buy the software only for my kids ps3

these LE figures are like the old crystal figures... but now with the light up lightsaber .... their cool but I never grabbed the crystal le from 1.0 and I don't plan on picking up these new ones other ... maybe one just cause it looks neat but that's it ...
They crystal figures are a gimmick for sure. Right now they're on clearance at TRU though. So if the buy one get one 1/2 off clearance special is still happening then you can get them for $5 a piece.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I'm a big fan of the figures and have all of the 1.0 and 2.0 figures, but have not grabbed the 3.0 yet. I haven't played the game much, but my kids like it alright.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #8
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

It looks like so much fun. I always marvel at the detail and design of the figures! Especially the Star Wars ones. I wish they made action figures with the same animated look.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
jtkv
Robot Master

I bought the 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes starter pack on sale at Best Buy, and the price error got it down to $10! Also picked up the Guardians Of The Galaxy play set to go with it.

Waiting to gift it to my son for either his birthday or XMas.

He has been playing the Skylanders series, and wants the SuperChargers release. Hopefully he will take to the Disney Infinity set as well.

Is it like Skylanders, where the characters only lets you play as someone else, and not give you more gameplay?
Obviously, the Play Sets gives you addiitonal game levels...
For Sale List thread

Last edited by jtkv; 09-29-2015 at 01:28 PM.
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
KoreanInferno
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
I bought the 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes starter pack on sale at Best Buy, and the price error got it down to $10! Also picked up the Guardians Of The Galaxy play set to go with it.

Waiting to gift it to my son for either his birthday or XMas.

He has been playing the Skylanders series, and wants the SuperChargers release. Hopefully he will take to the Disney Infinity set as well.

Is it like Skylanders, where the characters only lets you play as someone else, and not give you more gameplay?
Obviously, the Play Sets gives you addiitonal game levels...
lol, I got the same deal! SCOP FTW.
Yes, the extra characters let you play as someone else. A little difference in play since some collectibles are only able to be collected by certain characters.

There are cross-over characters also. Nova and Iron-man can be played in all three playsets. While Rocket Raccoon can be played in the Guardians & Avengers set. Hulk in the Avengers & Spider-man set. So for play ability those characters are good choices.

Also, check out your local The Source. Some Disney Infinity 2.0 figures are $5. And 2.0 disc packs are $1.