Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 11-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #31
Northern Maximus
Generation 2
Re: Rumor: Possible Price And Release Date Of Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy (Optimus Prime

probably TRU or Walmart, weren't they only $99 or $119 for the first run Hasbro mp-10? The one with the big autobot button/stand thing.
Northern Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #32
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Rumor: Possible Price And Release Date Of Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy (Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
I know many of you got the original mp10 Hasbro release on sale for 79.99..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
When did that happen? And where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maximus View Post
probably TRU or Walmart, weren't they only $99 or $119 for the first run Hasbro mp-10? The one with the big autobot button/stand thing.
It was TRU back in Oct 2012. I still have the receipt in the box. I was lucky enough to get 1 of the Hasbro release of the MP-10 mold Prime at TRU on Oct 7, 2012 for $99.99. That TRU only had 4 in stock. Then the following week TRU had a 30% off all TF sales so I got price adjusted to $69.67 and got $33.62 back after tax.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #33
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
It was TRU back in Oct 2012. I still have the receipt in the box. I was lucky enough to get 1 of the Hasbro release of the MP-10 mold Prime at TRU on Oct 7, 2012 for $99.99. That TRU only had 4 in stock. Then the following week TRU had a 30% off all TF sales so I got price adjusted to $69.67 and got $33.62 back after tax.
That's really the only hope right now with that crazy price.

Hopefully Hasbro will release it here for something under $300, and then a sale to drop it further.

I'm basing that off the fact that they (TRU) charged $229.99 for the last release of MP-10 so inflation added in means probably $300. Although I guess it really depends on what they charge for MP Beast Wars Megatron.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #34
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
That's really the only hope right now with that crazy price.

Hopefully Hasbro will release it here for something under $300, and then a sale to drop it further.

I'm basing that off the fact that they (TRU) charged $229.99 for the last release of MP-10 so inflation added in means probably $300. Although I guess it really depends on what they charge for MP Beast Wars Megatron.
Don't bother getting your hope up. Hasbro have not had a reasonably priced G1 MP release since 2013 with MP Soundwave. Their price on MP Prowl, Streak, and Bumblebee were even more expensive than buying from Japanese online shops. If anything Hasbro is even greedier since they have the distribution right of TF outside of Japan. And with TRU dead in the USA, effectively killing TF MP as TRU exclusive, Hasbro is sucking up to China whose new rich will buy anything. I won't be surprised if Hasbro sell this as "China exclusive".
Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #35
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I got an MP10 and Thundercracker when they first came out at TRU and at a 30% discount. I can't recall final prices though, too long ago.

About MP 44. That price is for 2 units. The figure itself will be 25,000 Y not 50,000. So about $250 which is about right for Prime and a Trailer. We still haven't seen what the humans look like or what the inside of the trailer is like.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #36
Pascal
Banned

All preorders have it at $400+ for 1 figure. $250 is definitely not enough considering all the accessories included.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #37
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

All Preorders from US sites. I have seen images of the price with a unit number 2 next to it. It is not so much that I believe $250 to be the price more so that it is an impossibility for Prime to cost $500. Engineering and part count. He does not have the engineering or part count of either MP Megatrons and still costs $200 more? Sorry, a plastic box aka trailer does not jack the price up that much. $250 is still more than what MP-10 with trailer cost originally.

TL;DR $500 is too high a price to make sense.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #38
Pascal
Banned

The transformation looks fairly intricate, more so than MP-10, the trailer transforms, it comes with 3 human figures and a shitload of accessories and spare parts, unlike MP-10.

Cabin anti-aircraft gun x 1
Small ball x 1 (Roller)
Energy axe x 1
Beam special effects x 2
Laser rifle x 1
Energy treasure x 1
Energy supply tube x 1
Spike x 1
Carly x 1
Spike Pula (Sparkplug) x 1
Rocket Backpack x 1
Starscream head x 1
Starscream Wings Accessories x 1
An Unknown Item x 1
Replacement Head Carving x 1
War Damage Head x 1
Battle Damage Chest Parts x 1
Character card x 1

That adds up quickly...

Last edited by Pascal; 11-29-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #39
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
Imagine when the repaints for this mp
prime comes out.
mp44 abcdefg.... + version, minus, square root, golden lagoon, silver dragon, year of the hamster, bapes, tapes and rapes
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #40
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
The transformation looks fairly intricate, more so than MP-10, the trailer transforms, it comes with 3 human figures and a shitload of accessories and spare parts, unlike MP-10.

Beam special effects x 2
Carly x 1
Spike Pula (Sparkplug) x 1
Rocket Backpack x 1
Starscream head x 1
Starscream Wings Accessories x 1
An Unknown Item x 1
Replacement Head Carving x 1
War Damage Head x 1
Battle Damage Chest Parts x 1

That adds up quickly...

That is what MP-10 did not come with. But what do you mean the trailer transforms? So did the MP-10 trailer. I ask because I am waiting to learn if the trailer does more. Does it?