Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-23-2017, 11:31 PM   #11
Scowly Prowl
Calculating variables...
Re: I never thought I would see this...

It... would appear so. Unless there's a restriction on buying stuff on BB Marketplace.
Scowly Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #12
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scowly Prowl View Post
BB has had a marketplace presence for a while now, but this is the first time I've seen it with toys; previously, it was mostly consumer electronics and gadgets. I guess it's a logical extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Best buy is actively trying to compete with amazon. We've listed a lot of product with them recently and are in the tools and building supplies industry...

So our stuff is listed on their website but they don't actually buy or hold any inventory. They get an order, then send it to us and we fulfill it and ship it.
Yup, the BB marketplace has been around for at least a few years now, so to see them diversify further this way is not a surprise to me either at this point. I think it was 2011 or 2012 when I first noticed them offering more than just retail electronics by also adding completely non-technological stuff like health supplements, baby cribs, luggage. Then a couple years later they diversified further with patio furniture, tableware, etc. Back then it was jarring and unexpected for sure, but in the modern age, everyone wants a piece of the multi-market pie. Sort of like how Walmart used to only be a department store, then they expanded into groceries.

Plus, aside from the competition aspect, it's also a type of cheap advertising for the smaller retail partner to get themselves more exposed to the eyes of mainstream shoppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innermanchild View Post
Hold up! Can I use BestBuy gift cards on Transformers now?
You know, I never thought of applying them for that use, but now that you mention it, yes, that does seem to be the case. I took a mock purchase far enough into the process that the system does appear to let a user use a gift card to purchase an item sold by a 3rd party. Which means BB is acting like a broker to relay the funds to the originating seller. Guess I'll be asking for more BB gift cards for the future, haha.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
Longshot
Pretender

And points added to my Best Buy card too? Sweet, this is turning out to be a good idea.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:22 AM   #14
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

A few years ago I got my Generations Metroplex from BestBuy during Xmas time...must have been 3-4 years ago, but never saw anything good TF wise since then from BestBuy. The more retailers and competition in Canada the better, especially post Target and a possible TRU economic problem.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote