Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-19-2015, 11:57 AM   #31
zackmak
Robot Master
Re: TFcon Toronto 2015 Registration Now Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatine99 View Post
Will there be a TFcon/Cullen hologram sticker affixed to the autographed item and a matching hologram sticker affixed to the Certificate of Authenticity?
Awesome suggestion!!!
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #32
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
A long shot, but as a vendor is there a possibility of a reduced rate for the autograph session with Peter Cullen?
The cost is the same for everyone.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #33
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I don't suppose I can get help with ordering a VIP ticket? Tapped out for cash until next month...won't mind paying a little extra if that's what it takes.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #34
creatine99
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
Awesome suggestion!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
Awesome suggestion!!!
Hi again,

If there are no "event specific" hologram stickers to protect our investment on the Peter Cullen autograph, what kind of Certificate of Authenticity will be issued?

I would like to learn more about the security features of the Certificate of Authenticity. I sure don't want any counterfeiting them where anyone can go to a Staples and make multiple COAs and "fake" a Cullen signature.
creatine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #35
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Hi again,

If there are no "event specific" hologram stickers to protect our investment on the Peter Cullen autograph, what kind of Certificate of Authenticity will be issued?
I know these hologram stickers are becoming the norm for sports collectors but my feeling is that you will have more than enough proof of the validity of your Cullen signature from TFcon.

You can get your picture taken with Peter and the signed item in the shot for instance if your primary concern is investment.

You will also have the certificate of authenticity, plus keep a copy of your TFcon Peter Cullen VIP ticket stub as well to prove you were there.

Stickers of authenticity for Cullen autographes appear to be non existent when googling his signed items online so my hunch is you won't be seeing one here.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #36
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

This was an expensive purchase for me but considering who it is and what I'm getting I say its all worth it. So many things that I can get signed its going to be difficult to chose just one

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #37
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
You can get your picture taken with Peter and the signed item in the shot for instance if your primary concern is investment.

You will also have the certificate of authenticity, plus keep a copy of your TFcon Peter Cullen VIP ticket stub as well to prove you were there.
Those are pretty good suggestions!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #38
Wheelie
Riding on Grimlocks back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly519 View Post
So if i understand you correctly the premium membership includes the exclusives for 2013 and 2014 only and there's no listing at all for 2015?If so How can i cancel the premium order?I'd rather buy the weekend admission and the axis since cheaper and i already have the other exclusives.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. In my rush to get the tickets, I didn't read what the exclusive was. Now that I read it, I realized I have most of them. Wish we could cancel the one package for another one.
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 AM   #39
creatine99
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I know these hologram stickers are becoming the norm for sports collectors but my feeling is that you will have more than enough proof of the validity of your Cullen signature from TFcon.

Stickers of authenticity for Cullen autographes appear to be non existent when googling his signed items online so my hunch is you won't be seeing one here.
I hear ya. Remember there are 100 people per session. So I hope TFcon is organized and fair considering we all paid $160 each for this opportunity. For Cullen to get through signing 100 items and taking photos with 100 people, I'm guessing it would take him a minimum of 50 minutes to 1 hour (with each person averaging 30 seconds with him). Then how long will the Q&A session be? I just hope they budget the time correctly without rushing us. At least 2 hours per session (auto, photo, Q&A).

But I also have more ideas that should be taken into consideration:

- again these are great for collectors: matching pair of TFCon hologram stickers to affix to the autographed item and to affix to the Certificate of Authenticity

- NICE looking event ticket stubs showing that's it's a Peter Cullen signing at TFcon, the date, session #, limited to 100. Plus we should be able to keep the ticket stub after the signing. It would be TERRIBLE if our ticket stub is the computer printout receipt of our payment.

- custom designed lanyard with lanyard card showing the Peter Cullen signing.

- the Certificate of Authenticity should be made with security features in mind....ie raised lettering, stamped, embossing, hologram sticker. I'm just saying it shouldn't be an easy to reproduce COA where I can go to Staples and make copies of them.

200 spots x $150 = roughly $30,000 that the Peter Cullen event will bring in. So I hope they invest some profit money to make some of my free suggestions a reality.
creatine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:53 AM   #40
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:

200 spots x $150 = roughly $30,000 that the Peter Cullen event will bring in. So I hope they invest some profit money to make some of my free suggestions a reality.
Ideas are good, definitely.

I'd also be careful to assume there is a big profit from this for TFcon. They are actually charging less than the Texas show is for the same amount of slots(200) and if the slots don't sell out it might not be as clear cut as it seems.

The cost of bringing in someone of Cullen's stature in for the Con can't be inexpensive.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tfcon 2015