Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: ROTF Voyager Megatron

None of the Movie megatrons have even come close to peaking my interest. How can they go so right with ROTF Prime and so wrong with Megatron. Seriously, did they really think that gimped arm would do anything but hamper it's appeal.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
None of the Movie megatrons have even come close to peaking my interest. How can they go so right with ROTF Prime and so wrong with Megatron. Seriously, did they really think that gimped arm would do anything but hamper it's appeal.

I agree. I think it could have to do with his lack of any discernible alt mode. Sure it is a Tank, jet thingy, but to me it looks like a pile of twisted metal. With Optimus and Jetfire they had a decent point of reference to covert from.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #13
generalblast

I wouldn't get Leader Megs mainly because he is sucky. Non accurate robot mode and tank mode makes it a no. Well, this model was based before they revised the look ok him. Before, I would when it was $49, but now $59, I sugguest you don't get him. People says he is suckish, and he is sucky, so I rejected him.

Voyager Megs is totally better mainly because he is based on the final CGI design. The backpack is sucky, but the rest is A+.

Take advantage of the Zellers sale now for only $19.99 until this Thursday. You can price match almost anywhere.
generalblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #14
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

Voyager Megs looks good better IMO.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #15
TFtoys
Animated

I was thinking to post the similiar thread for comparing the leader and Voyager class. Thanks for doing it for me ^^. Voyager class rock.

I am going for Voyager class Megatron after watching the reviews and pictures. The ability to post is one important thing for me to put on my display. And This tank mode has wings.

On the other hand, leader class is good for the big and heavy feel if I can get it at 10~15 bucks. ^^". Personally, I like its design over the first movie... just because of the tank mode, I guess.

Besides, I think Hasbro make these two size different in appearance of the vehicle modes purposely. Or design in different time.
When I looked at the report of some of the toy designer,http://tformers.com/transformers-tra...2253/news.html, I think it makes some senses if the Megatron is hard to be movie accurated one. The designer might not have enough Megatron screen shot like Optimus and Jetfire; I didn't recall that I saw much Megatron vechile mode scene either.

it could be a good or bad thing to get it now, since this V class Megatron might go Permium version with silver coat on the monocolor backpack if this figure is selling popularly.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #16
tusko
Classic

I don't have the leader Megatron. He's too bulky and I know I'll be able to pick him up heavily discounted later.

I do own Voyager Megatron and I like him. The tank mode/jet mode/trilobite mode is fun, the robot mode is articulated and always "raging". He always looks like he's screaming at something so the sculpt is fun. The kibble on the back could have been thought out a bit better. We've had many many tank Transformers and non have been this lazy in just hanging a shell on the figures back. Still this benefits for having a simple transformation, it doesn't take an hour and instructions to go from one mode to the other. So that's a plus.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #17
KBlurr
Beasty

I have Voyager Megatron and he looks awesome despite the color and robot mode kibble.

If you're on a tight budget or if you want a movie accurate figure of ROTF Megatron, you're better off with the voyager version.

Voyager Megatron GOT IT
Voyager Shockwave GOT IT
Human Alliance Soundwave
Leader Sentinel Prime GOT IT
KBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #18
Pulverise2
Armada

voyager rotf megs tank mode is more like the movie, unlike the leader class
Pulverise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
Euroflip
Machine War

whats the point in buying the leader of the decepticons thats not a leader class figure?

My Feedback
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=158545
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5124
Euroflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #20
Pulverise2
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroflip View Post
whats the point in buying the leader of the decepticons thats not a leader class figure?

megatron doesn't seem to be the leader of Decepticons in ROTF, The Fallen is "The original Decepticon" besides megatron's leader class rotf toy is a disappointment (sometimes i think they should change optimus prime to Ultra Magnus and Megatron to Fallen for the new cartoons)
Pulverise2 is offline   Reply With Quote