Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #41
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: Transformers Sale at Toys R Us Canada October 8 - 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Well, if it works for you, thats great. I was just saying that when a store denies someone a return/partial refund, if the circumstances warrant it then that store has every right to do so.
yes, yes I agree.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #42
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
last time I did this, and they asked me to pay for the different from the sale price ><".
And then I started to not bringing the receipt as the board member suggested as the SKU trick. lately, they checked the "previous" sale price while doing the swap and started to ask me to pay for the different again ><.
I guest sometimes might work and sometimes not. Depends on which clerks or managers that you were running into.

I think you're doing it wrong, but I could be wrong.

What you're supposed to do is buy extras when the items are on sale and then buy the new ones (with the SAME SKU) when they have it in stock (at a later date usually AND at regular price). And then RETURN the extras in place of the new ones with the NEW receipt and some valid reason for the return (i.e. I was a gift that they already owned)
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #43
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
I think you're doing it wrong, but I could be wrong.

What you're supposed to do is buy extras when the items are on sale and then buy the new ones (with the SAME SKU) when they have it in stock (at a later date usually AND at regular price). And then RETURN the extras in place of the new ones with the NEW receipt and some valid reason for the return (i.e. I was a gift that they already owned)
I c. Thanks ^^. I miss the "buy the new ones" step, which makes the result differently. Hopefully I could still get some wave 2 on Sunday...
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #44
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
I c. Thanks ^^. I miss the "buy the new ones" step, which makes the result differently. Hopefully I could still get some wave 2 on Sunday...
You can price match at Zellers and Walmart, just bring a TRU flyer to one of them
Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #45
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Nah' you don't need to bother doing that. Just bring the figures in and ask to do a straight exchange. Don't bring a receipt. Once they ring up the SKU they can exchange something no hassle for the same SKU. No need to ask questions, no need to give any.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:18 AM   #46
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Nah' you don't need to bother doing that. Just bring the figures in and ask to do a straight exchange. Don't bring a receipt. Once they ring up the SKU they can exchange something no hassle for the same SKU. No need to ask questions, no need to give any.

It only works if the item(s) you want were at regular price for the last 30 days

Also, each time I tried, it takes forever and they always ask questions to me, so it really depends were (specific store) you go at the end...

Tags
toys r us