Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #51
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: Toys R Us 25% off coupon code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
In those cases, the ad/coupon is supposed to say "while quantities last" or "limited quantity" and "no raincheques". I've seen some electronics stores having to state "minimum of 10 units per store", meaning each store only has 11, and first come, first serve.

Major big box stores actually get into trouble for advertising something that isn't in stock, since it can qualify as false advertising (providing the ad is regional instead of nation wide).

I can see people making a fuss over things like refrigerators or 52" plasma tvs that cost in the thousands of dollars. But for a store to do this with low value items like toys, it just isn't worth people's time or money to get all litigious on their ass.

Unless it were a massive class action suit to prove a point rather than get anything done.

But back to something relevant. Nobody's got a gun to my head saying I need to buy this stuff now, for this price, from this retailer, using these coupons. At the end of the day, there are much more important things. Plus, I'm more likely to pick stuff up second hand years later.

Anywho, since I'm trying to get a job at TRU, I won't be rocking any boats.
Be sure to let us know if/when you get that TRU job so we can funnel all complaints/concerns your way. (good luck by the way) *leads Edmonton bred Elk on boat to help with rocking*
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #52
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Be sure to let us know if/when you get that TRU job so we can funnel all complaints/concerns your way. (good luck by the way) *leads Edmonton bred Elk on boat to help with rocking*
Bring it on. I've worked in electronics Wal-Mart during the Christmas rush, on the 23rd, 24th, 26th, 27th, and 28th.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #53
Pgianos
Banned

• TRU has now put this up related to the HASBR25PD COUPON LOL ... i GUESS WE ANNOYED THEM

• This Item is exempt from any coupon offers and is not valid with any other Babies "R" Us or Toys“R”Us offers.
  • This Item is exempt from any coupon offers and is not valid with any other Babies "R" Us or Toys“R”Us offers.
  • HOW IT WORKS
  • QUICK LINKS
  • Use the links below to find products related to this promotion.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #54
Bruticus
B&K Collectables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
  • TRU has now put this up related to the HASBR25PD COUPON LOL ... i GUESS WE ANNOYED THEM
  • HOW IT WORKS
  • QUICK LINKS
  • Use the links below to find products related to this promotion.
Yeah, shame isn't it? I reported this was added a couple of days ago, just after they put up the second preorder that was $140. As of that point, they now waive all requirements to honour that coupon for this product.

For the record, anytime I have ever tried to use the coupon in-store, it has given me the discount and then there is a void line further down the receipt reversing the discount; and YES it was before the sale from last week... tried 3 times at multiple locations and they all did the same thing. I have tested numerous times with online and everytime I have put in the code, it has always said that the purchase does not qualify and refused to apply it, no matter what I was buying... Give it a try... add one of the Platinum Primes, or the Supreme Predaking or any TF over $20 and try to apply the code, you'll get this bs reason why your purchase doesn't qualify... TRU doesn't seem to be doing anything to rectify it either, which is a shame.

Also, some people may not realize that most of the direction that is not explicitly told to TRU staff from their head office is actually obtained from online. What this means is, by chance, if they receive the Metros early (before the end of August) and someone tries to use the coupon in-store, they may refer to the website and stonewall them, as they are trained to double-check if something seems off.

Just my $0.02, but I think this coupon is a complete farce.

-----------------------------------------------------
Add B&K Collectables to your Facebook HERE

Follow B&K Collectables on your Twitter HERE

Subscribe to the B&K Collectables' newsletter HERE
------------------------------------------------------
Cybertron.ca Feedback Thread --> http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18760
Bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #55
Pgianos
Banned

Im goimg to use it tomorrow and a staff told me thy will honour it in store. Im getting FOC oundwave!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #56
meecha96
Generation 1

just used coupon code on phone order of mp soundwave, phone agent had to apply it manually.
meecha96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #57
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Does anyone know if you can use 2 coupon codes at once?

I want to order BH Magnus, and I want to try and use the Hasbro25PD and the babaies10 codes.

Will it work?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #58
Trans4mers
Energon

Code doesn't seem to work anymore. I called in twice and it seems management was putting their foot down that it can't be used on preorder items. bummer!
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #59
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I just got off the phone with TRU. They won't honour the 25% off. She already knew what I was calling for when I told her my order number. She sounded nice and old and I really didn't want to argue with an old woman who's likely on minimum pay - on long weekend Monday. So I let her go and told her no need to apologise for the product buyer if TRU didn't order enough.

Honestly at this point I am just glad TRU put the 2 MP online for preorder. I am sure 25% isn't enough to cover my time and travel expense spent on hunting down SW and AS.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 08-05-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #60
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Yeah, tried many many times, but none of the promotional code works, not even the ones with 10 dollars off. I am still happy, cuz at least I know I am guaranteed to have my MP Soundwave this round.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote