Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Slythe
Generation 1
Transformers Name Analysis

Looking for eloquent and witty analysis or amusing stories about the origins of Transformers' names?

Read no further, for you will not find that in this post, which contains links to the paranormal, ancient mysticism, and blasphemy!

The possible blasphemy below amused me, though.

There is a site where you type in a name like Bort and the site presents you with a life story and character description for someone unlucky enough to have that name.

So, of course, I typed in some Transformers names (site: https://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/what...-name-mean.cfm ). This is what my search returned:

Soundwave
* Your name of Soundwave creates a quick, clever mind capable of grasping and assimilating new ideas.
* You are rather studious, mentally challenging each new idea before accepting it.
* Because you learn so quickly you have little patience with those whose mental processes are somewhat slower, and you could become supercilious or somewhat "know it all" in your attitude.
* This characteristic could make you rather unpopular with your associates.
* Although you are very knowledgeable and intelligent, you often find spontaneous verbal expression difficult.
* You crave friendship, understanding, love, and affection but your reserved manner appears forbidding to others.
* Although the name Soundwave creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality with a moody disposition.
* This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, worry, and mental tension.

Starscream
* Your first name of Starscream has given you a clever, deep mind and the talent to excel in highly inspirational lines of endeavour as a dramatist, musician, writer, or artist.
* You can be lifted by beauty in all forms and you are at the most creative when inspired.
* Your expressive, affectionate nature responds very quickly through your feelings, but you must guard against being possessive and jealous.
* You feel and sense much that you do not fully understand and cannot express.
* Your delight in mystery could draw you into occult studies or religions.
* Although the name Starscream creates an interest in the deeper aspects of life, we emphasize that it causes an emotional intensity that is hard to control.
* This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, and nervous system.

I wondered if any fans wrote those descriptions until I read Megatron's description and decided there was no possible way.

Megatron
* Your first name of Megatron makes you extremely generous.
* You have a bubbling, spontaneous nature and a happy-go-lucky outlook which helps smooth the pathway of life.
* Also you are sympathetic to the needs of others.
* Interested in art, music, singing, dancing, and anything of an artistic nature, you could become a very fine performer.
* Your spontaneous expression stands you in good stead during arguments or debates, though you are perhaps too outspoken and inclined to sarcasm.
* While the name Megatron creates the urge to be self-expressive and happy, we point out that causes a scattered and emotional nature.
* In the long term, it can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the liver and bloodstream.

Did anyone else get an image of a generous, dancing Megatron?
Slythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine
Re: Transformers Name Analysis

Wow.There could never be a more inacurate description of the name Megatron.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

Megatron might be way off, but I think they hit Soundwave's right on the money!!
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Ah. good old Kabalarians. I remember like 10 years ago when you could submit names. I submitted a ridiculous number of fictional names just to see what their results would be.

At that point I was also using it to screen names for characters to use in stories I was writing, wanting the name to sort of evoke whatever character it was.

Also, that Megatron description makes me think more of BW Megatron than G1 or any other Megatron.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:22 AM   #5
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Maybe it's Shattered Glass Megatron?
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 AM   #6
jackwacko
Classic

Optimus:
Your name of Optimus has many sterling qualities but does not give you an overall stability.

You do everything with an intensity to the point of fervour, and either you feel tremendous elation or you are in the depths of despair.

People often disappoint you because you are idealistic and are apt to place those whom you admire on a pedestal.

Then you become disillusioned when they fall short of your expectations.

You are quick mentally and like to see things moving at an accelerated pace.

Patience is not one of your virtues; you want to move when the impulse strikes you.

While such spontaneity is fine at times, you must take account of conditions and employ careful analysis so as to avoid disastrous results such as accidents due to hasty actions.

Most things you do, you do well, but as soon as the task, hobby, or job becomes familiar or routine, you are bored and crave a change.
Although the name Optimus creates idealism and the urge to help others, we emphasize that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the nervous system, and solar plexus.

... Ironhide was just weird... look it up if you're curious
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

"The name buckethead is not yet a part of our first name database."

Boo!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote