Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 02-26-2024, 07:05 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Top 10 Third Party Companies to Avoid

Third party Transformers companies have existed a long time, some are great others are problematic. Some...are both! Fans voted and here are the top 10 Transformers third party companies to avoid...maybe.
https://youtu.be/ZGHDYSmwj94
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:24 AM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Top 10 Third Party Companies to Avoid

I've really only dipped into a couple of 3rd party products
Got damn near the whole Perfect Effect PC "Perfect Combiner" line, noticed PE isn't on the list and that's awesome

Got a couple IronFactory figs, they aren't on the list either, so that's cool

Got a couple TransArts (Transmutate & Ravage), and they weren't on the list either, nice

But I've got six DNA kits, and DNA IS on the list
-> haven't opened/installed the titan Predaking/Scorponok kits yet (hope the copies I acquired 2ndhand include the preorder bonus pieces), or the GUOP kit I picked up
-> But I DID install the two kits for POTP OpOp - everything is cool except for the "back-shoulder turbines" that form the land-rover's front wheel; I had already done the surgery to sever the Primal minibot off the larger OpOp figure, so can't install them
Also, I attempted to slot them into the minibot's shoulder spots, and the pieces immediately stressed out the figure's plastic (whether this is a commentary on the quality of the kit, or the quality of POTP figures, remains to be seen lol)
I love everything else about it though - enough that I'm still after the EX version for Throne of Primes

There's a bunch of DNA kits I would LIKE, but none are so critical that I've ever preordered any, if that speaks to anything
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 02:26 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Top 10 Third Party Companies to Avoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I've really only dipped into a couple of 3rd party products
Got damn near the whole Perfect Effect PC "Perfect Combiner" line, noticed PE isn't on the list and that's awesome

Got a couple IronFactory figs, they aren't on the list either, so that's cool

Got a couple TransArts (Transmutate & Ravage), and they weren't on the list either, nice

But I've got six DNA kits, and DNA IS on the list
-> haven't opened/installed the titan Predaking/Scorponok kits yet (hope the copies I acquired 2ndhand include the preorder bonus pieces), or the GUOP kit I picked up
-> But I DID install the two kits for POTP OpOp - everything is cool except for the "back-shoulder turbines" that form the land-rover's front wheel; I had already done the surgery to sever the Primal minibot off the larger OpOp figure, so can't install them
Also, I attempted to slot them into the minibot's shoulder spots, and the pieces immediately stressed out the figure's plastic (whether this is a commentary on the quality of the kit, or the quality of POTP figures, remains to be seen lol)
I love everything else about it though - enough that I'm still after the EX version for Throne of Primes

There's a bunch of DNA kits I would LIKE, but none are so critical that I've ever preordered any, if that speaks to anything
I think in this case, what wasn't voted for was just as or more interesting than the companies that were voted for, if that makes sense.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote