Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
chuskers
Machine War
Fansproject Intimidator

Just got all figures to form Intimidator yesterday and after 3 hours of fiddling with all the pieces and pausing Peaughs review video many times, and having some scary times with the waist joints, I now have a fully formed Menasor - totally worth it tho!

Just curious as to how long it took others to figure out Diesel and get everything together and if you ever see yourself disassembling him again, I'm thinking that combined form of goodness will be staying like that for a LONG time ...
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles
Re: Fansproject Intimidator

I really try not to use instructions, so I was playing around with Diesel while watching Olympics. I think it took me most of Men's moguls to figure him out.

I'm really liking the trend of guns combining into other guns. It's so cool, and really adds to the character.

Each of the bots are really very good, so I'll see myself dismantling Intimidator every once and a while.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave View Post
I really try not to use instructions, so I was playing around with Diesel while watching Olympics. I think it took me most of Men's moguls to figure him out.

I'm really liking the trend of guns combining into other guns. It's so cool, and really adds to the character.

Each of the bots are really very good, so I'll see myself dismantling Intimidator every once and a while.
Yeah, def helps the problem of what to do with the weapons afterwards. Was also surprised to notice the pieces of rubber that end up on the bottom of the feet to prevent slipping, it's a nice touch that no one as ever mentioned before ...
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #4
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I have to refer to look at the pictures of the not-Menasor/Intimidator instead of the instruction a few times and it took me around an hour to form the gestalt. There is a few times I thought I was going to break it and my fingers hurt.

Despite being a parts-formers (i.e. the legs), I must say Fan Project did a great job.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

The first time I got it, it toke me an hour to transform it from truck to robot to combiner part. But now its such a fun figure/set to play with, its got the complex engineering but there isn't a whole lot of it for someone to get lost.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
mastereh
Generation 2

I got the set last week and man i HATED changing the smaller bots into vehicle mode; I have big hands and I just couldn't get my fingers into the legs to slide those down. I felt like everything was going to snap off and break.

Diesel though is an amazing figure; the complexity around him is simply awesome.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I took me about two hours and a bit to figure everything out. I had Peaugh's video as reference too. The transformation isn't too too bad after you understand what moves and what doesn't in the transformation. I didn't even have trouble with those dammed backflaps. They're easy enough to move out of the way.

I'd say overall I'm satisfied, but not wowed. I mean he looks pretty cool, but I guess I just expected a little more in terms of design.

It doesn't feel as elegant as it could be. It feels like a brute force attempt to just get it done. I mean wouldn't have been cool if those back flaps detached and bulked up the forearms? Also the ball-joints in the ankle aren't strong enough to support the weight of the figure beyond a certain angle. Sometimes the only thing keeping the figure up for me is the cars on his legs. They jamb and prevent the ball joint from flopping any further.

Again, I don't have any trouble transforming any of the bots, but I just get the vibe that there wasn't as much care put into making things exactly right as I'm used to from FP. Some things too tight. Others, too loose. Things getting in the way when they don't have to.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #8
Rev
Addict

I too took a few hours to get it completed. I think it will always remain in that form, unless I have to pack it away. I just don't want the stress of breaking anything. But it looks awesome and has some great engineering. I love how solid the figures are, and although it can be hard to transform each little car, they are nice and tight, and I like that. I just wish his neck wasn't hollow and that his elbows were filled in. I haven't had issues with the ankles.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
mastereh
Generation 2

What video did you guys follow? I only used the booklets that came with them which missed a lot of steps.
mastereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #10
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
What video did you guys follow? I only used the booklets that came with them which missed a lot of steps.
I used this one for Diesel and combined mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpI90UHTIj4