Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 02-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
CHUG KO/OS/3rd Party/Undersized Reviews & Recommendations

I hope I'm posting in the right place but I am wondering if people can recommend some top notch KO/Oversized/Undersized/3rd Party bots that would fit a CHUG collection well. Lots of this is subjective but I would love to hear what you suggest is a great, or bad, buy?

WeiJiang Calculation King:

As a transforming toy it's actually great with good quality plastic/paint apps/build quality. I got the white version of this guy, the previous colour version is too eclectic for my taste.

The combiner works well and will look great with other standard CHUG combiners but the individual bots themselves are too big in my opinion for a CHUG collection. Maybe a couple of them stand well with other voyagers while the rest are too chunky/tall.

I felt like the transformation was pretty easy, not much of a chore compared to other transformers.

The transparent red sword that it comes with, by combining all the weapons, is also pretty good to which I actually use it for my WeiJiang KO Predaking, it suits that figure very well but its too big for Calculation King imo.

All in all I can't recommend this figure to a CHUG collector unless you're bored and have some money to burn. You will most likely enjoy it but it won't be the star of any shelf.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 09:09 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.
Re: CHUG KO/OS/3rd Party/Undersized Reviews & Recommendations

iGear Shark Leader

Got this as I wanted a better sharkticon in bot mode and this guy looks great for that role. Sharkticons have a special place as a TF for me, love em. Serves as a great leader for the smaller sharks and the colour lets him stand out.

It looks great in both bot and shark mode but the shoulders are pretty lose out of the box, floor polish works it well enough.

I imagine this is suppose to work as MP scale but I think it works great for a chug collection as a leader shark. See pict for size comparison to legend and deluxe.

This cost about $30 after shipping from ebay. I think they go for a bit more now, maybe $5 more?

It's a good buy and worth the purchase. Oddly enough the 3 pack of the regular ones of these by iGear go for much more money and don't seem worth the purchase for the price tag I found them for ($200 for a 3 pack from BBTS was the cheapest)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shark.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	46024  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Oversized Prime Trilogy Legends Figures

Seen these guys making rounds and ordered a few for kicks. They were about 5-7 each with shipping.

The quality on these guys is actually really good, better than the original ones it seems, especially with the powerglide I got.

I've seen a bunch of these guys available like blackjack, warpath, huffer, pipes.

I use the OS rodimus as my hotrod and my deluxe hotrod as rodimus till we get a voyager Rodimus.

I recommend these if you are looking for a slightly larger version of said character. I think it works great for Powerglide and Slash, well worth the price.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	os leg.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	46025  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #4
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Aoyi Oversized Terrorcons

These figures are fantastic in all aspects. Put them up against the original and I'm sure you will prefer the oversized when in hand.

The added diecast is also nice but not needed, still a nice touch.

Joints are tight and overall quality of plastic is great.

Standing next to a voyager Hun Gurrr and I would say these are a great scale.

The only issue is that there is no oversized Hun Gurrr or Sinnertwin released. I can't recommend these until they at least release Sinnertwin so as to make it possible to at least have a complete voyager sized team.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	terror.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	46026  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

NBK Constructicons

These guys are hit or miss depending on what you want to use them for.

As a combiner they look great, fiddly but great. It looks the part and is imposing but it does stand a little too tall for most CHUG combiners (shorter than official titan devy) and too short for MP. I think I would have appreciated the combination mode more if I didn't have the oversized weijiang devy.

In bot mode these guys look great but are way too tall for CHUG and too short for MP. In a CHUG collection they not only stand notably higher than a voyager but are really thick bots. They stand out in a bad way imo. If they were only 25% smaller or so.

In vehicle mode they look great, perhaps the best vehicle mode constructicons you can ask for. They function well and look great next to a CHUG bot. Setting up a display with these guys could be fun.

It's a mixed recommendation, very much subjective to what you want them for. I could have done without them in retrospect but I enjoy them enough in vehicle mode that I don't regret them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nbk.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	46027  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:21 PM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

very nice post!

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:52 PM   #7
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Aoyi KO SS38 Nemesis Prime

I had no nemesis prime and the only viable option was either the leader sized potp or the overpriced Siege Nemesis Prime through Takara Tomy Mall, way over priced but nice.

Then there's this guy and he is a great figure to say the least.

I don't mess with movie Transformers at all but this guy is undoubtedly a great looking prime and works with the shelf I think. Scale wise he is perfect standing next to ER prime.

Quality on this guy is also top notch, feels more solid than ER releases and with tight joints.

Price is also fantastic at about $20-$25 after shipping.

One thing I truly like about this guy is that he is unmistakably Nemesis Prime but he isn't just a repaint/new head of an existing CHUG prime and as such he adds better variation to the shelf.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nem1.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	46028   Click image for larger version

Name:	nem2.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	46029  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #8
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Kubian Cool Become Brave KO Combiners and Undersized Constructicons

Quality on these guys is actually really good. I've had no issue and can't feel a difference between these guys and other Combiner Wars figures that are legit. The joints are nice and tight and I don't feel like the will break anytime soon.

There are some minor paint apps differences from the original on some of these but it's very minor in spots that you won't notice unless up close and personal with these. They use the Hasbro paint job. The actual paint apps are good but not as well done as the real figures, you gotta be really up-close to nitpick the tiny paint app details to notice.

Price is fantastic on these guys at about $50-$60 for a complete set. You can also find them in both G1 and G2 colours. Plus the combiner pegs are compatible with legit combiner wars figures as well.

The constructicons are fantastic and fit well in a CHUG collection in both bot and combined mode. Perfect option for those who want their combiners to stand at a uniform height. Too bad the Predacons didn't get this treatment. The figures with treads for legs seem to have the loosest joint in said legs, not terrible but still.

The downside to the sets is that the superion set has Alphabravo and the Bruticus set has the airplane Blast Off, beyond that this is a great buy and well worth the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cbbbrut.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	46030   Click image for larger version

Name:	cbbdef.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	46031   Click image for larger version

Name:	cbbsup.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	46032   Click image for larger version

Name:	con1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	46033  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-09-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #9
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

MFT Sharkticons

These are a perfect KO of the Prime trilogy Sharkticon except the paint apps are more metallic and they added antennas to them, very breakable antenna. They were also packed with extra antenna so that's a nice touch.

They are sold as a 3 pack so instant army building. I got these a while ago for about $35 with shipping.

They also include 3 guns, one for each. There's no where to store them while in shark mode so I passed them on to other legends figures that had no gun.

Quality is top notch on these guys, feels better than the original and the price on them is on par with the originals as well.

Pictured is the original in the center with the KO on each side, I prefer the MFT, the metallic finish and lack of neonish colours makes it seem more intimidating.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mftshark.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	46034  
Old 03-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #10
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

KO Masterpiece Decepticon Tape Army

I have both Soundwave and Soundblaster and wanted each of them to have their tape army on display with them but without having to get two Siege/ER sets. Enter these guys for $45 set, of 6, with shipping.

Overall the quality on these guys is pretty good. I had issues with one of laserbeaks fins located on his back but that's about it. Beyond that everything else has been good.

Scale wise it's subjective, as pictured you can see rumble and frenzy stand shorter than a legends class which works out great for my liking. I also love the piledrivers and guns as these are trademark features for these two imo.

The birds are a little beefy but certainly look better, all the same they aren't that much bigger than the Siege laserbeak. I can say the same about RatBat.

Ravage looks great but when compared to Siege ravage that isn't hard. I like the scale with this one.

Siege didn't really give us the best tape army figures. Too small to give them the justice they deserve as awesome team mates to one of the most iconic characters.

Having these guys on my shelf in addition to the Siege ones makes me happy and I appreciate the variation since I am opting to display a tape army for each Soundwave/blaster.

I recommend these guys and actually hope to see more cheap KOs of other MP tape characters in the future.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mptape1.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	46035   Click image for larger version

Name:	mptape2.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	46036  

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 03-02-2020 at 09:03 PM.