Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2018, 06:35 PM   #31
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: ebgames preorder for the new masterpiece Optimus prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
i just don't get the price on this.

is it substantially bigger than mp-10?

I remember 119.99 for the original TRU MP-10....though I guess USD/CAD$ was a little more favorable then.

I guess the last MP Megatron wasn't that much less.

But this is an insane price I just can't justify based on what I'm seeing.

Am I missing something?
In general, MP Transformers are also just getting more expensive. The latest Beast Wars offerings are a lot more than previous MP's and maybe that's the general trend of all Transformers. Studio series and Seige are more expensive than previous lines.

Also, as stated before in previous posts, the price could be due to complicated engineering, a higher parts count, electronics, better materials, etc. It still seems too expensive (thank goodness Amazon Japan and other Japanese e-tailers have dropped their prices substantially).
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #32
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
In general, MP Transformers are also just getting more expensive. The latest Beast Wars offerings are a lot more than previous MP's and maybe that's the general trend of all Transformers. Studio series and Seige are more expensive than previous lines.

Also, as stated before in previous posts, the price could be due to complicated engineering, a higher parts count, electronics, better materials, etc. It still seems too expensive (thank goodness Amazon Japan and other Japanese e-tailers have dropped their prices substantially).

I guess.

Maybe all of those things really are so much better on this version that the price should be a 300%? increase from the original MP-10.

Or it could just be due to the company gauging how much we're willing to pay before there's a breaking point and adding a bunch of low cost add on's to help justify it.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #33
Deception
Crossover

save your money buy my mp10 lmao
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:57 PM   #34
Msol
Titanium

I’ll be selling my MP-10 to help pay for this sucker... so I’m glad to see there’s sentiment like the above!
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #35
Vorahk
Energon

I think I would rather stick with mp10, this is nice and everything but I like mp10 more.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:46 AM   #36
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
I guess.

Maybe all of those things really are so much better on this version that the price should be a 300%? increase from the original MP-10.

Or it could just be due to the company gauging how much we're willing to pay before there's a breaking point and adding a bunch of low cost add on's to help justify it.
I agree. If this and MP-43 BW Megatron sell well, expect future MP prices to be higher too. This is just a business tactic to test the market.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:16 AM   #37
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Why not Amazon Japan? Around $445 Cadn. all in. (shipping is just 1200 yen for DHL 3 days but they collect HST upfront). AmiAmi shipping is not cheaper than Amazon Japan although if you use EMS or regular air mail parcel service SAL you might be able to skip HST (since AmiAmi started declaring full value on shipments this is not a guarantee).
I recently got something from Amiami, the item was 6,080 Yen, shipping by DHL was 2170 yen, which was already 100 CAD, when DHL shipped, they charged another 32+ dollars for "processing and transaction" fees and duties. So I wouldn't be so keen to ship with DHL. I get shipments quite frequently and I rare get duties, and EMS or SAL won't have any brokerage fees.

If you guys buy from etoysjapan, they currently have mp44 for 328USD, which is pretty good. They're based out of California, but their warehouse is in HK. They also have a holding system like "box of loot". Only downside is, you have to pay up front for pre-orders.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:14 AM   #38
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
I recently got something from Amiami, the item was 6,080 Yen, shipping by DHL was 2170 yen, which was already 100 CAD, when DHL shipped, they charged another 32+ dollars for "processing and transaction" fees and duties. So I wouldn't be so keen to ship with DHL. I get shipments quite frequently and I rare get duties, and EMS or SAL won't have any brokerage fees.
I wasn’t as lucky as you with AmiAmi shipment via EMS recently for shipments over around $100 Cadn. Starting this year I have been charged HST by CBSA except for 1 shipment and I got a over $100 shipment from them per month LOL. I have shipped SAL so I wouldn’t know. Since AmiAmi declares full value anything over a hundred bucks Cadn. is a crap shot. CBSA does charge a ~$10 processing fees on SAL/EMS package IF CanadaPost sent yours to them and they decided you need to pay sales tax (and duty, if any, not applicable to our plastic cracks from Japan). Why not just ship multiple shipnents of under $100 Cadn.? I will end up with paying through the roof on sipping charges alone. And, most of my items from AmiAmi were all over 10000 yen per piece to start with.

I don’t know why DHL charged you $32 for your 6000+ yen stuffs. My experiences are very different. For instance, my amazon.co.jp MP-44 preorder only ended up with a 4590 yen tax bill (the item is 33581 yen). So, it is only HST + 200 yen or so. Shipping is just 1200 yen BTW so it is much cheaper than what AmiAmi will charge even if you go with SAL or EMS for sure. Or, like the AmiAmi shipment I have just received Wednesday (they refused to ship by postal service starting last month because of the CanadaPost fiasco): the declared value of the contents is 90XX yen and the DHL tax bill is $21.XX.

Of course no one like to pay sales tax but I was pretty unlucky with postal service and CBSA for AmiAmi and HLJ shipments. Only Nippon Yassan declares extremely low values on their shipments still which will guarantee no sales tax charge by CBSA with EMS. This is based on my experiences on 30+ shipments from AmiAmi, Nippon Yassan, HLJ and Amazon Japan this year alone (not all toys and not everything are mine LOL... me and my brother combined our orders to save on shipping). YMMV.

And Amazon Japan shipping charge alone is always cheaper than what AmiAmi, HLJ and, not surprisingly, Nippon Yassan (notorious with heavy shipping fees) charge for any sort of shipping method. Even for large or heavy items.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 12-09-2018 at 06:42 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #39
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post

If you guys buy from etoysjapan, they currently have mp44 for 328USD, which is pretty good. They're based out of California, but their warehouse is in HK. They also have a holding system like "box of loot". Only downside is, you have to pay up front for pre-orders.
Anime Export is $318 USD, not sure if this is the cheapest?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #40
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Anime Export is $318 USD, not sure if this is the cheapest?
But you have to pay upfront. Not a problem if you don’t mind.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote