Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #21
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Should we close the sightings threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Walmart is still open
Plus there are a bunch of online sightings threads for the various stores. The hunt continues
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:03 PM   #22
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
^ This. It's not this forum's job to police people. And not having somewhere to post sightings isn't going to prevent me from checking out the TF section at Walmart while getting milk. But at the same time, I'm not making any special trips/stops just to check if someone has TFs in stock. If I'm there anyways, then sure. But closing down a forum will make no difference.
I disagree heartily with the above and agree with OP. If we are to even pretend to be a community, then the attitude that “it’s not our job to police people” just doesn’t cut it. It isn’t our job to report sightings, either. But we do it, to look out for one another, to do someone else a good deed.

This IS the time to look out for one another. And I think that removing the temptation to go out unnecessarily is a good deed. It is a small thing, but it is something that the mods can actually do.

And to the poster that wants to cling to “Normalcy” I say: Have you checked the news lately? This is not normal. We all should be making adjustments and closing the sightings for brick and mortar stores seems like the right move.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #23
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Well I have read through the comments and see all sides so I will add my 5 cents. Don't close the sightings threads, just don't report them. Take it even one step further, go to the store for your essentials, don't worry about the toy section for now. It will still be there a month from now or however long this takes. You may have stuff coming in the mail (like I do that have been in the pipeline for a while) so enjoy those but if you don't have to go out, don't. Stay home and stay safe, we all want to be here with good news when this is over.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #24
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

No I still got to get groceries at Walmart at least once a week and it pretty much being the only store I visit I still will check the toy aisle.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:09 AM   #25
FreightTrain
Generation 1

Don't bother. I suspect that In about week things are going to go tits up and the government will be forced to issue a mandatory quarantine order for the entire country.

Hope i'm wrong though.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:25 AM   #26
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
I miss SARS. A handful of reports followed by a massive Rolling Stones/ACDC concert and the problem was gone.
Well this is it! Juiced up sars,
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #27
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Have to say, as stupid as it might be, I'm in the "check out the section while groceries" lot

See you guys in a month after my COVID
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:10 AM   #28
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

The thing is: if you're there to get groceries, then checking for toys is fine, but then posting to encourage others to go out is less fine, in my opinion.

It's not so much us that we should worry about (although we should), it's the vulnerable people that we should be thinking about. By posting sightings, we could be encouraging people to unknowingly bring the virus back to people who could get very sick, and even die. This is not just about us, it's about everyone else, too.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:19 AM   #29
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
The thing is: if you're there to get groceries, then checking for toys is fine, but then posting to encourage others to go out is less fine, in my opinion.

It's not so much us that we should worry about (although we should), it's the vulnerable people that we should be thinking about. By posting sightings, we could be encouraging people to unknowingly bring the virus back to people who could get very sick, and even die. This is not just about us, it's about everyone else, too.
I dont disagree. Had to go to WM to pick some essential up. Popped into the Toy aisle, cause its quiet. Saw some new stuff, but not posting about it.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #30
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Could be worth restarting sightings threads in the near future. They're only thousand+ pages each. Lol

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote