Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Collections Spotlight

Old 07-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Roadhammer
Wrecker
The Roadhammer Collection

So I'd been over on FullMetalHero.com for the last few years, but that board dried up rather suddenly a few months ago and I thought that, being Canadian and all, I'd leap to the Canadian TF board. I thought I'd introduce myself by showcasing my collection, though it's not nearly as impressive as some others. I mostly collect modern figures, though not exclusively. As a personal preference, I also don't collect third-party figures. So here we go:

My Wreckers shelf. It's a pan-continuity shelf rather than trying to showcase one specific version of the Wreckers, but I try to keep things unified by keeping mostly to the CHUG lines when I can (HTFD Seaspray being a noticeable exception). If a character was a Wrecker, he goes on the shelf. I've been considering moving Generations Whirl, though. Once TFSS Impactor arrives, he's going to be replacing his FOC counterpart.

My Lost Light shelf, because I'm a big MTMTE fan. I really do think it's the best piece of Transformers fiction currently out. Not nearly complete. TFSS Rewind and Chromedome are most likely going to be replaced by their Titans Return counterparts, though.

Age of Extinction. I recognize I'm in a minority here, but I really enjoyed the AoE toyline. I thought there were a lot of good figures to recommend it; Hound is a real stand-out for me. This is one of the few parts of my collection that's actually complete. Once I got Slog, I had every AoE toy I wanted.

Assorted Unicron Trilogy Decepticons. Hadn't realized until this photo, but it's missing my Armada Demolishor and Cyclonus. Must be in the closet somewhere. Going to have to try and dig them out.

Assorted figures, including a non-TF with the Marvel Sentinel. Moving right along...

Now this, this is one of the real highlights of my collection; my Shockwave shelf. I really dig Shockwave, doesn't matter what continuity. His design lends itself well to looking badass, so I try to collect one of every Shockwave toy that gets released. It also doesn't hurt that Shockwave is one of the easier, I've found, characters to collect for. Let it never be said I don't reach for low-hanging fruit. MP Laserwave is a real treat; I don't collect a lot of MP figures (I have only one other in my collection right now), but he's great.

Another piece of my collection I'm proud of; my Galvatron shelf. Badass-looking toys (and easy to collect, natch). Still missing a few key characters; I'd love to get my hands on a BWII Galvatron and the Alternity version, but decent enough. Nabbing Energon Galvatron was a real feather in my cap. If I'm lucky, in the future I might be able to get the smaller Superlink Galvatron G that we never got in North America. BotCon SG Galvatron was another good find. Looking forward to gettiny my hands on Titans Return Galvatron, I think he'll make up for Universe Galvatron who I have for completeness' sake, not because it's a good toy (it really isn't).

Assorted Beast Wars characters. My goal here is to get every on-show character from the final season of the show. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do; this collection has fallen by the wayside a bit recently, but I hope to keep plugging away at it.

Cybertron's Team Prime. I have a real fondness for the Cybertron toyline for reasons I've never been able to articulate to myself; it just really resonates with me for some reason. It's another show I'm aiming to get a big collection for, and I'm well on my way to it. Leader Optimus was a real find, as was Leobreaker. I'd really like to get my hands on a show-accurate Vector Prime instead of the Universe repaint, and especially Wing Saber. I have more Cybertron toys than this, including the non-Cybertron Defense versions of Hot Shot, Red Alert, and Scattershot, but those three aren't being displayed at the moment.

Miscellaneous toys including one that is vaguely Windblade-themed. There's a Darth Vader toy in the cockpit of the TIE Advanced too. I'd like to be collecting some of the Force Awakens Black Series figures, mostly the First Order stuff, but I only have so much money to go around. XD

My Transformers Prime shelves and a couple of assorted shelves as well. My Prime collection is *almost* complete...I'd really like to get my hands on Dreadwing (maybe Skyquake too) but they're really hard to come by. I probably also should invest in an Airachnid since I want every on-show character, but...that toy's so bad you guys. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on her if I can avoid it. Arms Micron War Breakdown and CYLAS Breakdown are the real highlights for me here since I don't usually go to the trouble of importing, but I didn't have much of a choice. I also have a BotCon Kick-Over to go with that year's Gigatron/Overlord figure, but I had him out when I took this picture.

A better look at the shelf next to the Prime stuff. More assorted, but I am proud of the Takara Ratbat. Got that in a trade a couple of years back, and I'm pretty pleased with it. The Universal Evac toy was gotten for me by a friend who actually went to Universal on a trip and even went on the ride (he enjoyed it), and he's another rarer piece I'm rather proud of.

A Godzilla toy I've had forever and some masks. I like masks. None of them fit me anymore though. The Joker mask has hardened rather considerably, which is a shame, because I quite liked it.

Some of this stuff isn't mine, it's my wife's. The Sinon, Guts, and Lucina Figmas are mine, as is the Nutcracker, Lucina Amiibo, and the Bebop and Rocksteady figures, and the Fate/Zero Saber figma (and the Scattershot, obviously). The red-headed ball-jointed doll is mine too, it was a Christmas present from my wife, and represents a character I play in a D&D campaign (the one next to it is my wife's and is her character, she collects BJDs). The Attack on Titan Nendoroids, the Robin and Marth Amiibos and the Kiritsugu Emiya Figma are hers. The rest are just assorted knick-knacks.

My Combiner Wars collection, along with a few other odds and ends. I'd really like to get CW Groove to properly kit out my Defensor (already have Brake-Neck and Quickslinger). Also my other MP, Star Saber (the Brainmaster and super robot gimmicks were too good to pass up), and a bit harder to make out is my Universe Ratbat and Generations Chop-Shop at Devastator's feet because I really want to try and put together a collection of Ratbat's short-lived Ultracon faction from the Dreamwave War Within comics (of which Chop-Shop and the Constructicons were part of, and Universe Ratbat is specifically based on). To either side are more of my Cybertron collection, representing Animatron the Jungle Planet and Velocitron the Speed Planet. I have a Backstop somewhere, but I haven't dug him out yet. Otherwise those planetary collections are complete. Prime Thundertron is on the pirate ship because where else would he be? I also have a Marvel Legends Death's Head, because he seemed too good to pass up.

So there's my collection as it stands at the moment. I hope you like it, and I look forward to being part of this board.

Last edited by Roadhammer; 07-21-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: The Roadhammer Collection

Great looking collection and thanks for sharing. Welcome to the boards!
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: The Roadhammer Collection

Welcome. Excellent collection. Especially like the Shockwave assortment.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote