Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #21
Lysist
Alternator
Re: Raise your Hand - Who's pissed off at the current situation with Animated toys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
It's so tiring seeing people bitch about their precious exclusives not being delivered to their doorstep.
Ironically, it is now easier to get an exclusive item delivered to your door then it is to find in a store . You just have to pay for the privilege, which depending on how much you value your time can be worth it.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: Raise your Hand - Who's pissed off at the current situation with Animated toys?

Have Arcee & Rodimus been released in the US yet?
If so, are they in TRU U.S. stores everywhere?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #23
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Arcee yes, Roddy no.
And no they aren't in stores everywhere. Many on TFW still can't find her in their area.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #24
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Arcee yes, Roddy no.
And no they aren't in stores everywhere. Many on TFW still can't find her in their area.
Or they are, but are in insufficient quantities that distribution verification is currently impossible. Either or.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #25
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

The sarcasm and finger pointing in this thread is a little overwhelming right now from both sides of the discussion.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #26
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I was/am as hopeful/needful as anyone else for the animated figures, but if you absoluteley need an Arcee/Ratchet right now, there are many other options available other than retail. I'll echo what some others have said. Stores choose what stock they want to carry and a toy from a defunct show may not be a priority. Match that with the shipping container problem in china and well, there'll be delays. If you really want these toys, you have to be active. You can't just sit around and moan about it. For me, I was watching the sightings board and somoene posted that someone was selling Arcee at a local flea market for above retail. I weighed my options and decided that it was worth my peace of mind to pick a couple up. Even if she eventually shows up in Canada, I won't regret it a bit because I would have had weeks and months of no worries. So are you going to sit on your hands and hope she shows up or are you going to go out and get it?

One last thing. It may very well be concieveable that there are piles and piles of Animated figures waiting to be shipped out in a warehouse in china and we'll get a flood of them once shipping gets sorted out. In addition even if you miss this arcee(if that's the one you really want), what are the chances she'll get repained and re-released? I'd say pretty high considering the repaint potential for the mold. You can repaint her as any female autobot: Blue for Chromia, Green for Moonracer, Red for Firestar....Pinkish for Elita-1??
Maybe the last part is me being a bit hopeful, but again, either be patient or go get it. It's a part of what collecting things is.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #27
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
So are you going to sit on your hands and hope she shows up or are you going to go out and get it?
Wow, I never knew hand sitting was an option! Thanks, I'll try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
You can repaint her as any female autobot: Blue for Chromia, Green for Moonracer, Red for Firestar....Pinkish for Elita-1??
How about black for Nemesis Arcee, or "Nemercee" (No mercy)

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #28
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I AM SO PISSED they did not release an Animated Galvatron yet.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #29
CyberMnky
Animated

Im holding out for an Animated Unicron... but seriously, I'm looking at getting Arcee, Ratchet and Rodimus at TFCon if I can. If I get em great, if not well thats why eBay is around

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #30
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

It's not nessesarily Hasbro's fault, Toys R Us Canada probably passed on them for whatever reason. They probably looked at the sales of previous exclusives (which were not great) and probably how the sales of Animated have slowed in recent months and a sales rep decided not to import them.

It doesn't look like we're getting them at this point.

Deal with it.

I've got both figures, and combined I only paid about $5 more than retail for the pair of them. They are out there for a reasonable price you just have to hunt them down.

Cheers!
-Ian