Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #11
darthrage
Beast Machine
Re: TFTM Deluxe Sale, anyone get their difference back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Here’s my price adjustment experience…

I went to the Coquitlam TRU for price adj. for the deluxe figures I purchased three weeks ago (yeah that’s right 3 weeks ago). This big fat women behind the counter told me "NO!" and I said why not. She said their price protection policy is only good for two weeks. I pointed out to her that on the sale receipt the return policy clearly stated 45 days and that I can return my figures and re-purchase them at the lower price. She said “I don’t care…that’s not what our price protection price is for…our price protection policy is two weeks”. At that point I decided I don't want to argue with her anymore so I went in the store and randomly purchased 5 deluxe figures. After paying for the figures I went straight to customer service counter and returned the 5 figures I just purchased using my old sale receipt. The fat woman and I locked eyes for about 5 seconds then she quietly proceeded with the return. In the end, I got my price adjustment.
HAHAA! She got PWN3d!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #12
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I would if I weren't so damn lazy.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
Yes, it happened to me once. Similar situation, eventually, the sale do the price match for me. But, seriously, this is a stupid policy, Price Adj. for 2 week and Full Refund for 4 weeks. Doesn't make sense at all.
Yes, it doesn't make sense at all.

I have been in a similar situation for a few Classics/Cybertron stuffs. The lady tried to refuse to PM but after I explained to her I could've just refunded and repurchased right at the moment she laugh and did it for me.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #14
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Here’s my price adjustment experience…

I went to the Coquitlam TRU for price adj. for the deluxe figures I purchased three weeks ago (yeah that’s right 3 weeks ago). This big fat women behind the counter told me "NO!" and I said why not. She said their price protection policy is only good for two weeks. I pointed out to her that on the sale receipt the return policy clearly stated 45 days and that I can return my figures and re-purchase them at the lower price. She said “I don’t care…that’s not what our price protection price is for…our price protection policy is two weeks”. At that point I decided I don't want to argue with her anymore so I went in the store and randomly purchased 5 deluxe figures. After paying for the figures I went straight to customer service counter and returned the 5 figures I just purchased using my old sale receipt. The fat woman and I locked eyes for about 5 seconds then she quietly proceeded with the return. In the end, I got my price adjustment.
Vadar, I feel sorry for you man.

I was able to obtain a price adjustment from Bow Mac TRU without trouble. However, I had to wait a long time since the customer service clerk had to process each price adjustment individually since I had purchased 4 different figures from 3 different TRUs at 3 different times. In the end, I had no problem with the wait since I got back over $ 9+.

You can view it at "Transformers News and Rumors" Forum under the heading:

Saturday June 2nd Deluxe Sale at Toys R Us

C Shewins and Triplechanger had originally suggested that I attempt to obtain a price adjustment without physically bringing my TF figures.

I believe the TRUs inconsistent customer service can be at least partially attributed to their hiring and retention policies. They usually:

1. pay minimum wage
2. hire students
3. no full-time retail staff except managers and assistant managers
4. rather high employee turnover
5. inconsistent and/or little or no training to new employees

While waiting at the Bow Mac TRU, many of the cashiers had asked a long-time employee for help regarding scanning procedures. Unfortunately, upon a conversation with this particular employee, I discovered that he was embarrassed to be so knowledgeable because he felt that he had worked at TRU for far too long.

That's sad...

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #15
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Say what you will about TRU, its still better then Wal-Mart and Zellers combined.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
I would if I weren't so damn lazy.
QFT!

Not that I'm saying you are lazy. I know I'm too lazy to go back for a couple bucks.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

i can personally account for this, having worked at wal-mart. the department managers tell the employees next to nothing, and they tell the part-time employees even less.

(edit: on top of this, you have managers from other departments telling you to do thing that are conflicting with your department manager's orders, if you ever get any. plus, the managers for the most part tell you to completely disregard policies, including some safety stuff.)

not that it really matters because the employees are normally covering more than their designated area, in some cases 5 departments at once. wal-mart really likes this, because they only have to pay one person while working them to the breaking point.

i try to give store clerks some slack, since i know how hard it is not being told anything more than what i can read on packages and see with my bare eyes.

plus, clerks was a cool movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave.ca View Post
Say what you will about TRU, its still better then Wal-Mart and Zellers combined.

Last edited by Shepp; 06-04-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #18
Constructicon
Generation 2

To them, its the same amount of paperwork to do whether they give you the price adjustment or refund. They would rather cover their butt to follow the policy, no matter how stupid it is.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 AM   #19
darthrage
Beast Machine

yeah i had 6 deluxes on my reciept and she had to process each one individually. But I didn't have the bring the actual merchandise, just the reciept