Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Unique Toys Challenger QC

So I just got around to opening my Unique Toys Challenger figure ("MP" version of TLK Optimus Prime) and I have to say that I'm quite disappointed. The upper thigh joints that allow the legs to move forward and back are extremely loose (the figure has a hard time standing up without leaning). On the blue surfaces, there are tiny scratches throughout making the figure feel like it's used. The main problem that I have with the figure is that the paint has been applied so poorly. Whether it's the red, blue, or gunmetal silver, all of the paint looks either dull or applied very sloppy (a lot of the red paint has also been applied quite thinly, which allowed the blue plastic to bleed through, bleh). At $180+ CAD, this kind of qc is unacceptable. I understand Unique Toys has released a second run of the figures that fixes the majority of these problems (especially the paint), but how does that help people who have already purchased the first run? Has anyone else had a similar experience with Challenger?

P.S. I have contacted TF-Direct about this, so hopefully they can send me a replacement.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote