Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2015, 07:14 PM   #51
CAF
Banned
Re: What are the odds we'll see a Hasbro release of MP Shockwave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
Wal mart does not carry mp and wont as they had to clearence Skywarp at like $29.99 a few years back
crazy eh, and now look what they go for online.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #52
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Yes, but 99% of the toys at Toys R Us are. So my point was that Hasbro will more than likely choose to release MPs that have a broad appeal to collectors and children in order to make maximum product sales. A space gun/robot isn't appealing to a child who just wants something that goes "pew pew" so there goes half the potential off the shelf sales in Hasbro and TRU's eyes.
What was the appeal of MP Soundwave? It turned into something kids had never seen. They even released 2 versions of it... It was clearly aimed at the adult collectors. Kids don't buy toys, adults buy toys. For their kids and for themselves. Stores usually have only a handful of each MP toy in stock, because they know only adults will buy them for themselves. If they were meant to be owned by kids, you'd see walls of them in every store. And between you and me, we both know there would be more demand for a MP Shockwave than say, MP Sunstorm or Acid Storm... and both got released.

Now, the Platinum stuff, THAT's a poor investment. No one's buying that shit, except when it's on deep clearance. And even then, it's not moving.

Last edited by Pascal; 10-14-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #53
CAF
Banned

Pascal makes a really good point about Soundwave. No kids these days even know what a walkman or tapes are.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 PM   #54
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Yeah I hear ya both. Soundwave was a weird choice by Hasbro. I ws glad to see it but surprised too. We still have a tape and tape deck here @ home and my kids are perplexed by it.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #55
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I would say just buy Takara. The Hasbro version will probably be around the same price even if they decide to release Shockwave in North America. Price on Takara's MP was never that bad if you think about it, plus they have better quality 90% of the time. Why take the risk when you know you must get Shockwave anyways?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #56
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
That approach doesn't work: talk to your kids, that actually works.
To quote Dick Soloman, "Me?? Since when is my son My responsibility??!"

I hope Shockwave gets through, being a non realistic ray gun and all.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #57
Rev
Addict

Takara and Hasbro understand that adults buy toys for themselves. They saw the 40 Year Old Virgin too. The Masterpiece line is clearly geared to nostalgic adults. Why else are the figures careful homages to toys from 1985? That's why they sold Soundwave. That's why they are making Shockwave. I cannot say if Hasbro will bring him in but I don't think his ray gun mode will be a problem, for the reasons already articulated. I also second the motion to just grab it from Takara. It is likely that you won't pay much more and if it is a must have figure you will rest assured that he will be yours. Also, as has been mentioned, a lot of the time Takara is just a bit better in quality. Personally, I hope he is released by Hasbro I toy colours. That would be sweet to have an animation and toy colour version.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote