Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 05-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Stormrave
Machine War
The Official Pizza Party Thread

We are still finalizing times for the pizza party this year, but it will be held sometime on Friday night in time for supper.

This is a great chance to meet other con-goers, eat food for pretty much the same cost as the restaurants across the street, and kick off the con with a bang!

Due to request from last year, pizza will be for sale by the individual slice, as opposed to a package deal.

In order to speed up this method of buying pizza, slices will cost an even $2 each, so that we aren't fussing to make change with quarters while the pizza gets cold.

Because the cost is higher per slice, I will buy round pizzas, as opposed to the party pizza with square slices. This will mean bigger, gooier slices for everyone, and nobody stuck with the corners that are half crust. I think this makes up for the additional 25 cents cost per slice, the guarantee you're going to get a good, gooey slice.

I would like to find at least one, preferably two, volunteers to help pass out pizza. I need people who are going to be able to commit to being at TFCon prior to 6 pm on Friday. Your payment is--not having to pay for your first two slices. That's right, free food, and maybe leftovers too!

To keep costs fair, I want to try to keep toppings down to a maximum of 2 toppings per pizza. We will be getting plain Pepperoni and a Vegetarian option for sure.

For people who like vegetarian pizza: what two vegetable toppings would you like?

I'm also hoping to do a Canadian-style: bacon topping and mushrooms.

Any other commentary? I'll take suggestions as long as the pizza is affordable (no "the works") and something likely to sell all 12 slices (save your peanut butter pickle pizza for home).

Last year we sold drinks at the party. I found myself with a lot of pop left over. Would people prefer to buy their own drinks from the vending machines/convenience stores, or are there enough people who want to save their money and pay 75 cents per can of Coke and Pepsi? Is there someone local who can provide a cooler and ice (since I'm flying in?)

Once June rolls around I'll be opening up a pre-order thread. Posting in the order thread will give me an idea of how much pizza to order, so that we don't have leftovers going to waste, and we don't have to wait for the delivery guy to do a second run.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis
Re: The Official Pizza Party Thread

If I could make it around that time, I'd prefer the pop be provided. It's more convenient that way.

Where is this being held, and are mere mortals invited to this party as well?
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
TFcon Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
If I could make it around that time, I'd prefer the pop be provided. It's more convenient that way.

Where is this being held, and are mere mortals invited to this party as well?
We maybe able to provide pop, and yes everyone will be welcome. The pizza party will occur on the Friday night. As for what time is the question we are currently looking at, after reviewing the event schedule what time do you guys want it to be?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrave View Post
For people who like vegetarian pizza: what two vegetable toppings would you like?
Just as last year, can we get a veg pizza with NO onions?
Last year's standard green pepper & mushroom was good.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I would very much like the canadian pizza.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
Stormrave
Machine War

Yes, the pizza party is open to everyone*.

(*who has money)

Sounds good JLvatron, we can definitely do that.

Are there any mushroom-hating vegetarian pizza fans in the house? Speak now or prepare to pick off 'shrooms.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

If you get a third medium sized pizza with just hot peppers and pineapples, sell off as many slices as you can, I'd pay for the remaining cost.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

I didn't know the mushroom and bacon had a specific name style. (Is that Canadian bacon or regular bacon? ;-) )

Is there a specific location this is held? I'm kind of new to all of this.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
Stormrave
Machine War

Oasis: It will be in the hotel, still waiting on a specific room announcement.

"Canadian" is the Pizza Hut term for "pepperoni, bacon bits and mushrooms." I call this "Canadian-style" as we can only affordably do two toppings per pizza.

Shan: I'll put that pizza as an option. I can't get it if no one else pre-orders it (ie, no one else wants any) but if there's enough interest, I'll get it.

I can't affordably buy single medium pizzas--the dinner's the cheapest con dinner I've ever heard of because I'm doing group deals--that's for the benefit of people who want to save their toy money! I SHOULD able to get a single large with hot pepper pineapple, but we need more than one person eating off of it.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

The fact that you used 'goo' twice in describing the pizza makes it all the more tempting...
Leozak is offline   Reply With Quote