Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
TFCon Live?

I've been watching RTX(Rooster Teeth's convention) via Twitch all weekend. And I was thinking, "what if TFCon live streamed their convention?"

It's probably a little late to try and set this up for this year, but I think it would be pretty cool. How often have you been reading TFW's live chat of BotCon's Hasbro panel and wished that it was video and not just text. How cool would it be to have TFCon's version of that, the 3rd Party panel, live streamed so that anyone not at the show could see the reveals in real time. Not to mention the script reading and faction feud would be badass to watch live too.

So I'd like to know:

A. Would there be any interest in the fans who cannot attend in watching the convention via live stream?

B. Would there be anything that would prevent the convention from being live streamed?

As far as B goes, only thing I can think of is that if the panels are being broadcasted, then that could mean that the voice actor guests aren't just making a convention appearance but are now performing for a live broadcast. So that could mean it would cost more to have them there.

Again, I don't know for sure if that would be the case. That would be something for the TFCon staff to check with their guests and their agents.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:14 PM   #2
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave
Re: TFCon Live?

how exactly do you mean? Like ONE panel room, or a moving camera?

and not sure if the guests would appreciate it given they weren't aware of it..........kinda dickish to say "oh btw we'll have this camera in your faces the whole time probably."
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Are you thinking of something like CityTV's old Speakers Corner? Except live from 9am-6pm on SAT; and 10am-5pm on SUN?

Perhaps facing an empty-ish corner in the hallway, with lines taped to the carpet to show the camera's view? So if you don't want to be on camera, but still want to be heard, just talk to the mic from behind the line.

That way random people can walk by and give their opinions, show off what they got, and other random mayhem.

To protect the camera, have a guard like at the art table.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I've been watching RTX(Rooster Teeth's convention) via Twitch all weekend. And I was thinking, "what if TFCon live streamed their convention?"
Is the rooster con stream a single persons view of what they are doing?

If so, couple that with oculus rift and you have a pretty cool immersive experience, a virtual proxy to any con!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

No, no. It's not Speaker's Corner or MTV's The Real World. No cameras right up in people's faces. It would basically just be broadcasting the panels over the internet. Like if you've ever watched a TFcon panel on YouTube. It'd be the same as that, but instead of having to wait that night or the next day(or in Vangelus's case a year) for someone to uploaded their recorded footage, you'd be watching it live and hopefully a little more professionally done.

There's already a camera set up in the panel room recording every panel. I assume for the DVD. It would be the same deal, but in addition to recording they'd also pipe a feed over Ustream or Livestream or YouTube or whatever. Occasionally changing the camera's shot based on how many people are on the panel or, if it's like the 3rd panel, focusing on the screen or just piping out what's shown on the screen direct to the live feed because that's what people are really tuning in to see.

Ideally there'd be 2 or 3 cameras to switch between one for a wide shot/2-shot, another for close ups, and maybe a third for the audience members lined up to ask questions. But I think we could easily get away with just the one. Just glancing at this years schedule, there's not going to be more that 2 people on a panel at any time unless you include the Faction Feud. At which point we just pull back the zoom a bit.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 07-07-2014 at 12:06 AM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote