Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-28-2018, 07:17 PM   #21
AV Prime
Machine War
Re: Transformers: Siege Voyager Class wave 1 released in Canada

I'm sad to hear that these will get hit with a price hike that the terrible Last Knight toys got. Studio series are better toys and I like the "to scale with each other" concept but have you seen the size of Jazz?!? $30 for a pretty much a legends toy. In any case I was ready to go all in on this line as I really like what I have seen - but these costs are INSANE @ $30 for a deluxe. Even when they go "on-sale" it still not a good price.... Look Hasbro sell them @ $20 a pop and maybe I can score them for $15ish on sale I'd buy it all. Keep increasing costs then I'll just get a figure here an there of my favorites. It's a shame because I WANT these but they have put me in a position that I can't afford them.
AV Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:25 PM   #22
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Prime View Post
I'm sad to hear that these will get hit with a price hike that the terrible Last Knight toys got. Studio series are better toys and I like the "to scale with each other" concept but have you seen the size of Jazz?!? $30 for a pretty much a legends toy. In any case I was ready to go all in on this line as I really like what I have seen - but these costs are INSANE @ $30 for a deluxe. Even when they go "on-sale" it still not a good price.... Look Hasbro sell them @ $20 a pop and maybe I can score them for $15ish on sale I'd buy it all. Keep increasing costs then I'll just get a figure here an there of my favorites. It's a shame because I WANT these but they have put me in a position that I can't afford them.
You summed up the situation for MANY fans. Sad really.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #23
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
You summed up the situation for MANY fans. Sad really.
I think we're seeing it with recent MP, as well. Used to be 3P was super expensive but now some of the 3p MP style stuff is cheaper than legit MP, so it's like...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:14 AM   #24
AV Prime
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I think we're seeing it with recent MP, as well. Used to be 3P was super expensive but now some of the 3p MP style stuff is cheaper than legit MP, so it's like...
Agreed. Rumors of new MP Prime are floating around that he will be $$$$$$$

At least with MP they only release a few per year so as much as it hurts the wallet you can save up and get a top end toy instead of overpaying for mass retail stuff.

Everyone has what they like and what they are willing to spend their money on. Toys in general have gotten out of hand with Legends, Black Series, & now TF's all hitting a $30 CDN minimum price point. I'm sure Hasbro upcoming Power Rangers Lightning stuff will fall into that category as well.

It's a huge investment now to be a complete collector.
AV Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:33 AM   #25
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Prime View Post
Agreed. Rumors of new MP Prime are floating around that he will be $$$$$$$

At least with MP they only release a few per year so as much as it hurts the wallet you can save up and get a top end toy instead of overpaying for mass retail stuff.

Everyone has what they like and what they are willing to spend their money on. Toys in general have gotten out of hand with Legends, Black Series, & now TF's all hitting a $30 CDN minimum price point. I'm sure Hasbro upcoming Power Rangers Lightning stuff will fall into that category as well.

It's a huge investment now to be a complete collector.
That price is no longer a rumor. He's up for preorder on Big Bad Toy Store for $450 USD. It's absolutely ridiculous. If people actually support a price like that, then that will be the beginning of the end of collecting.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:37 AM   #26
imfallenangel
Cybertron

trouble is.. everything is a collectable now, and every one is a collector...

Manufacturers have learned this, and prices for everything has increased like crazy.

Heck, just for one of many example I could give, some small items as a Grandizer mini-replica that I bought for under 20$ ended up going up to over 100$ within a 2 year period.

I love the Macross/Robotech stuff, but when I see prices that are over 300$ for a very cheap and breakable figure that takes 3/4 of an hour to transform, and even if it's very detailed, I just believe that toys should be toys... sturdy, fun to play with, and cheap in price and not quality and not just to be placed in a crystal throne to never be touched again.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #27
Pascal
Banned

That's what Macross is missing, a line of sturdy chunky toys meant for kids.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #28
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Oh yeah, you are absolutely right. So is everyone who has chimed in on this. Forget Alternators, remember 5 bucks for deluxe beast hunters lol? I think, hope, we can all stop and take stock before we all rush out willy nilly and support these price hikes. I harped a lot on it in the last knight line, can see where at least a few bucks has gone with Studio Series. Who knows, maybe Siege will be so astonishing we will be able to say Okay, a price hike is somewhat justified.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:49 PM   #29
Saundowaivu
Beasty

So, in what "might" be good news last night I saw the Seige deluxes were up for pre order on TFTOYS.ca for 30$ and I was like "wait... Isn't that retail price?", Upon closer inspection they seem to sell their Hasbro deluxes at 5$ over retail, so they're might be a possibility that they might be 25$ at retail.

So, um...

Yay?
Saundowaivu is offline   Reply With Quote