Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
slimebucket
Generation 1
just watched transformers last knight with my son

So yeah... my 6 year old son, thought every single robot is optimus prime, or a clone of prime. Through the whole movie he was like

Is that a clone of prime? that looks like prime, thats a copy of prime.

One part that really made me laugh was when the flying drones in the building and they going room to room my 6 year old son was all like "Why are they talking so loud? The robots will hear them! whats wrong with them!?"

The movie was not bad... but so much of it felt not needed for the story. like the 14 year old girl. What was the point of her?

I liked the part where when they went into the ship underwater the "pipes" they went into looked identical to the mouth of unicron when he transformed GALVATRON.

Hot rod was.... eh....

The dragon was.... well id rather see something you know... from transformers.... looked coool if it was in another movie, or was maybe predaking?

Clogwork or what ever his name is was best part of the movie hands down. In fact if he got a spin off movie, I would watch it.

I noticed the John Turturro character was with a transformer that looked like a generation 1, sounded like a 90's wrestler and was kind of like a nod to the OG transformers.

Was way more enjoyable than I thought it would have been. I was epxecting HAVING to fast forward scenes but never did.

NOT ENOUGH SCREEN TIME OF NEMISIS PRIME!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!! He could have ripped everyone a new one! should have taken all the autobots and decepticons working together to stop him FFS.

First live action movie my son sat through without just leaving 5 minutes into it to go play. Maybe its because I sat him down with tons of transformers heheh
slimebucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: just watched transformers last knight with my son

Ya after watching it a few times the one part that really pisses me off with this movie is the part when they go underwater in the sub. The one guy even calls it a transformer but yet it never transforms at all. They had a perfect opportunity to have it transform before going in it underwater, but nope.

Don't get me wrong I LIKE the movie. I even own it on Blu-ray. It's just the way the story goes it felt a little off for me. Sometimes too the way some of the cast delivered their lines felt a little unrehearsed.

I've said it before & I'll say it again. These Transformers movies are all basically the same. Humans join forces with the Autobots to fight the Decepticons. For once can we have a movie with just Transformers and NO humans. Wouldn't it be great to see an epic battle of robots on Cybertron. That's my end of rant.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Despite the many imperfections, sounds like you and your son had some quality time together anyway. I was not as harsh on it as some folks and Cogman saved it a lot. The dinner in the sub was awkward though lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #4
Pascal
Banned

I wonder how fast a Transformer would be able to purge all the water after transforming into submarine mode...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #5
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
The one guy even calls it a transformer but yet it never transforms at all. They had a perfect opportunity to have it transform before going in it underwater, but nope.
They called Cogman a headmaster and yet that never comes into play. He never even transforms into anything either. Kinda crazy how the transformer with the most screentime never once transforms.

Its like, why even call this film transformers. it has 80% of the screentime given to the humans, and the robot we see them with most doesnt transform and isnt a character from any existing Transformers fiction, just a blutler bot.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #6
slimebucket
Generation 1

it honestly felt like the film was written to be an X-MEN film but then was turned into transformers.

i thought that too about the part with the sub. Re watched the part where he says its a transformer and they say "A transformer hopped onto the sub" not that the sub is a transformer. He was talking how BumbleBee jumped onto it.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #7
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
They called Cogman a headmaster and yet that never comes into play. He never even transforms into anything either. Kinda crazy how the transformer with the most screentime never once transforms.

Its like, why even call this film transformers. it has 80% of the screentime given to the humans, and the robot we see them with most doesnt transform and isnt a character from any existing Transformers fiction, just a blutler bot.
With Cogman he had a scene where he took over Nitro's body or something but it was deleted otherwise that line would have made sense
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #8
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
I've said it before & I'll say it again. These Transformers movies are all basically the same. Humans join forces with the Autobots to fight the Decepticons. For once can we have a movie with just Transformers and NO humans. Wouldn't it be great to see an epic battle of robots on Cybertron. That's my end of rant.
Maybe a return to something animated would work on some level in an all robot film.

Realistically I don’t believe an all robot film will connect with a mass audience.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #9
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Realistically I don’t believe an all robot film will connect with a mass audience.
Doesnt have to be all robot, but at least have the robots be the main characters and not just in the background.

War for the Planet of the Apes had the apes as the main characters with humans in the backdrop, and audiences still connected.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #10
slimebucket
Generation 1

you know what they need to do with the humans? Give them a god damn exo suit like spike and daniel had in 1986 movie. That way you can have humans in the story, but the fight scenes is all robot

that fight between bee and nemisis prime I hated how mark mark HAD to be right in the middle of it. Like not even an attack, just a nudge would have killed him.... couldnt stand that part