Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #21
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: My 10 Worst Transformers of 2017

I'm trying to decide how I felt about 2017 TF toys in general. The headmaster gimmick, while interesting, I think has made me "meh" about the TR figures I bought this year. Not that they are all bad, but that...I guess same shit is the word I would use.

I don't know if I hated any particular figure, but I guess if I would recommend Leader TLK Megatron over the voyager I would say voyager. My Steelbane is a floppy mess so if other have that QC issue then Steelbane goes on the "worst" list.

Maybe I am entering Transfromers fatigue. Maybe the over-priced nonsense is also pushing me away. Maybe retool/remolds of the same figure 4 times is making me roll my eyes. I dunno. I would simply rate my TF buys of 2017 as "meh".
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #22
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I'm trying to decide how I felt about 2017 TF toys in general. The headmaster gimmick, while interesting, I think has made me "meh" about the TR figures I bought this year. Not that they are all bad, but that...I guess same shit is the word I would use.

I don't know if I hated any particular figure, but I guess if I would recommend Leader TLK Megatron over the voyager I would say voyager. My Steelbane is a floppy mess so if other have that QC issue then Steelbane goes on the "worst" list.

Maybe I am entering Transfromers fatigue. Maybe the over-priced nonsense is also pushing me away. Maybe retool/remolds of the same figure 4 times is making me roll my eyes. I dunno. I would simply rate my TF buys of 2017 as "meh".
It does sound like fatigue. I felt that by the end of Combiner Wars but TR seemed like a breath of fresh air. The qc made a lot of variation, I found. If someone, Anyone, had a Steelbane that wasn't a floppy joke I applaud them. I mean, having to use polish on EVERY joint was a bit ridiculous. I liked Windblade though, love her face sculpt, and I was going to pass on her.

I totally forgot about infetnicous. Nice colors, not great molds. I bet he would have been cool as a full cw styled combiner though.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #23
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post

Hear you about fatigue! I've got an isolated few things on my list, but the costs really are keeping me away from random pickups.

I used to really enjoy taking a 'risk' on a figure when it was 10-13 bucks. I found some real gems!
For these $20+ ones though, I almost read too much and end up not buying anything.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:43 AM   #24
alternatorfan
g1 baby

By far TLK VOYAGER SCORN FOR ALLL 10 PLACES.
I HAVE NOT TRANSFORMED HIM YET AND IN ROBOT MODE HE IS SO LIOOS3 HE CAN'T STAND.
HOW DOES HASBRO HIRE PEOPLE THAT TEST THIS THING OUT APPROVE SUCH A Horrible product????????
And grrrrrrr.........
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:45 AM   #25
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
It does sound like fatigue. I felt that by the end of Combiner Wars but TR seemed like a breath of fresh air. The qc made a lot of variation, I found. If someone, Anyone, had a Steelbane that wasn't a floppy joke I applaud them. I mean, having to use polish on EVERY joint was a bit ridiculous. I liked Windblade though, love her face sculpt, and I was going to pass on her.

I totally forgot about infetnicous. Nice colors, not great molds. I bet he would have been cool as a full cw styled combiner though.
This too..
Old 01-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #26
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
I HAVE NOT TRANSFORMED HIM YET AND IN ROBOT MODE HE IS SO LIOOS3 HE CAN'T STAND.
HOW DOES HASBRO HIRE PEOPLE THAT TEST THIS THING OUT APPROVE SUCH A Horrible product????????
And grrrrrrr.........

... exchange it?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:23 AM   #27
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
... exchange it?
For another loose one.....um no.
I can't even nail polish any joints to hinder looseness...
Old 01-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #28
Pascal
Banned

Mine is fine. Chances, you got a lemon. Looking at the reviews, you won't find too many people complaining about your issues:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...scorn.1113958/
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #29
Longshot
Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
And grrrrrrr.........
Sounds like you got a bum one. My son has been transforming his back and forth, playing with it like a seven-year old would and its still in pretty good shape.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #30
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Mine is fine. Chances, you got a lemon. Looking at the reviews, you won't find too many people complaining about your issues:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...scorn.1113958/
Hell hath no fury like a lemon "scorned"
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote