Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #21
Pgianos
Banned
Re: MP Ratbat Knocked Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Yup, even though I know it's how you make money I was really annoyed
You are right too bro but we just bought soundwave for 100 plus at least and now you pack it so we have to pay 100 plus again for something many don't want to get what we do. We supported you. Instead of being respectful they went back to greed. If they releaesed it individually is have bought it but packaging it with a high price point item was douche baggery.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #22
Cerebros
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Trying to get us to buy soumblaster to get ratbat that's just disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Yup, even though I know it's how you make money I was really annoyed
Seriously? Soundwave had already been issued.... twice. And it was inevitable that at some point a Soundblaster repaint would be issued as well by Takara given past history.

Do you honestly think the company would have issued the figure with Laserbeak or Buzzsaw again? In other words, it was far from a cash grab, and all they really had left to make the repaint more unique. Needless to say, I'm content with my purchase of Soundblaster, in fact I'd go on to say it's actually a nicer figure than Soundwave.
Cerebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #23
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebros View Post
Seriously? Soundwave had already been issued.... twice. And it was inevitable that at some point a Soundblaster repaint would be issued as well by Takara given past history.

Do you honestly think the company would have issued the figure with Laserbeak or Buzzsaw again? In other words, it was far from a cash grab, and all they really had left to make the repaint more unique. Needless to say, I'm content with my purchase of Soundblaster, in fact I'd go on to say it's actually a nicer figure than Soundwave.
They shouldve released it with Overkill or slugfest. Not rabat who is a show character. Wouldve been much less douchbaggery and a nice addition to the more obscure characters.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #24
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
They shouldve released it with Overkill or slugfest. Not rabat who is a show character. Wouldve been much less douchbaggery and a nice addition to the more obscure characters.
Yup
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #25
steamwhistle
Crossover

If they thought ahead about the re-paint, they could have released Soundwave with Buzzsaw, Rumble, and Ravage, and then Soundblaster with Laserbeak, Frenzy, and Ratbat. They probably would have easily taken my money for Soundblaster with such a plan. I've considered Soundblaster w/ Ratbat for months, but this separate Ratbat release looks so much more appealing (for the interim).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #26
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I think I might get one of these if/when they pop up again.

I kinda agree. Soundblaster is kinda fun when it's a mainline repaint or some kind of exclusive. It's a nice, if obvious, homage. But at $160? Nope. And it is lame that the only way to get Ratbat is to get Soundblaster, who you may or may not want.

But I'm still holding out hope that Hasbro will release a Soundblaster of their own with Ratbat, Glit, Enemy, Howlback, and Garboil.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #27
Cerebros
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
lol Overkill and Slugfest are such obscure tapes with little to no air play compared to the rest, which is exactly the reason they'll never likely be anything more than a third party company figure.

Just face it, you're too cheap to spend the money on the Takara, so don't make excuses to justify the purchase of a knock off product.
Cerebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #28
Pgianos
Banned

I just talked to the guy just ask for an invoice like i did (he has lots)...
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #29
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebros View Post
lol Overkill and Slugfest are such obscure tapes with little to no air play compared to the rest, which is exactly the reason they'll never likely be anything more than a third party company figure.

Just face it, you're too cheap to spend the money on the Takara, so don't make excuses to justify the purchase of a knock off product.
Yes I am too cheap to spend 160 to buy ratbat..YES!! I AM TO CHEAP!! YES!! YES!!! I can afford 22 cdn with shipping!

With the 150 plus I can buy something real!!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #30
Pgianos
Banned

I actually did enjoy how peaugh reviewed it and SB was like an accessory "it also comes with a SB lol