Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-28-2024, 11:10 AM   #3651
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
Other painted windows are solid plastic (look up reviews for Buzzworthy Cliffjumper for example) so it should be the same for these as well.
I only had bwbb kup and as far as I could tell it was not clear plastic with paint, but solid.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 11:20 AM   #3652
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I only had bwbb kup and as far as I could tell it was not clear plastic with paint, but solid.
I've got both the BWBB SS86 deluxes, and I believe this is correct

CJ especially was all solid plastic painted
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 11:39 AM   #3653
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I've got both the BWBB SS86 deluxes, and I believe this is correct

CJ especially was all solid plastic painted
See I'm not necessarily all about "toon accuracy"

But if you're doing to DO it, go all the way. Do the opaque blue toon color windscreens and stuff.

Pointblank would have looked way better with opaque blue instead of clear

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:46 PM   #3654
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

I only have SS86 Jazz, so buying the set would get me 4 dudes I don't already have/missed out on previously. I don't think I ever saw Sunstreaker at my usual haunts during Earthrise's run.

Haven't checked if my Jazz cracked anywhere. Don't think it has, but I did transform him once or twice to see how it worked, so...
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:31 PM   #3655
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
I only have SS86 Jazz, so buying the set would get me 4 dudes I don't already have/missed out on previously. I don't think I ever saw Sunstreaker at my usual haunts during Earthrise's run.

Haven't checked if my Jazz cracked anywhere. Don't think it has, but I did transform him once or twice to see how it worked, so...

I had, and sold, all of these releases except for Jazz (and Hound of course). I still have Jazz, but sold the rest off.

I like the idea of getting less fragile copies, but not enough to pay the asking price. Maybe if it ever drops down to around $100. Otherwise I am good without them.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:43 PM   #3656
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

How many people are actually out there breaking their clear plastic, aside from the one previously mentioned in this thread? I can think of one example I've broken in my entire time as a collector, Classics Bumblebee. I've broken a lot more solid plastic bits. Not saying solid plastic is more fragile, just that clear plastic doesn't seem any more fragile to me. Are people just rough with their figures?
Old 02-28-2024, 03:49 PM   #3657
Skorpulator
Armada

Last figure I've broken was TM Megatron, because, GPS you know. Never broken a modern figure.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:54 PM   #3658
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
How many people are actually out there breaking their clear plastic, aside from the one previously mentioned in this thread?
I was pretty disappointed in my ER Prowl, from the rare amazon 2-pack there? Transformed him back & forth once, and afterwards noticed one of his clear-plastic knee hinges, was super f*ckin stressed out on the outer side

It's a shame cause I like the mold (better than that Siege shoe-of-an-alt-mode), but now I'm hesitant to transform him again - what if the leg comes right off at the knee?

Was meaning to get him a Siege Prowl head, then the dead Prowl came out "oh they DO know how to fix this, they just aren't"
So now I'm kind of just waiting for that to happen - maybe if 86Prowl ever surfaces?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 07:32 PM   #3659
Fastforward
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I was pretty disappointed in my ER Prowl, from the rare amazon 2-pack there? Transformed him back & forth once, and afterwards noticed one of his clear-plastic knee hinges, was super f*ckin stressed out on the outer side

It's a shame cause I like the mold (better than that Siege shoe-of-an-alt-mode), but now I'm hesitant to transform him again - what if the leg comes right off at the knee?

Was meaning to get him a Siege Prowl head, then the dead Prowl came out "oh they DO know how to fix this, they just aren't"
So now I'm kind of just waiting for that to happen - maybe if 86Prowl ever surfaces?
I absolutely believe they will make a new ss86 prowl eventually. The designers are very in touch with the fandom and they're aware of what needs to be remade/reissued. Additionally, Evan (one of the designers) did mention that they would love to make an ss86 version of every single character that appears on screen eventually, so it's reasonable to expect a singular prowl rerelease for ss86.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:33 AM   #3660
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
How many people are actually out there breaking their clear plastic, aside from the one previously mentioned in this thread? I can think of one example I've broken in my entire time as a collector, Classics Bumblebee. I've broken a lot more solid plastic bits. Not saying solid plastic is more fragile, just that clear plastic doesn't seem any more fragile to me. Are people just rough with their figures?
I have not broken any clear plastic parts myself, but out of all toys I bought over the last 3 years, only 2 have cracks on them and both have it on clear plastic.

One is SS ROTB Scourge, on one of the hinge of the roof part. A fissure across top to bottom. Right out of the box.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote