Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
buying toys you never really wanted because cool upgrade kits are coming out for it..

i cant be the only one who feels like this right? i mean, i dont think i'd have ever bought universe hardhead/onslaught (in his case TWICE) if headrobots didnt exist, and i just pulled the trigger on a friggin henkei bumblebee because of the bumper kit renderform is doing. i'm going to have a $100 bumper toy! what the hell! i can add universe skyfall and darkwind to the list too... all the wreck-gars i have... its nuts.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: buying toys you never really wanted because cool upgrade kits are coming out for

What really gets me is the fact that when an upgrade is rumoured, the prices of the base figures skyrocket in price making it almost impossible at times to get figures you really want.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: buying toys you never really wanted because cool upgrade kits are coming out for

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
What really gets me is the fact that when an upgrade is rumoured, the prices of the base figures skyrocket in price making it almost impossible at times to get figures you really want.
yeah this definitely happened with universe hardhead when i was looking for one. so annoying.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

The ROTF combiners. I would have never even considered them if not for the upgrades. Even Classics Ultra Magnus. I only got him because he came with Skywarp. He sat in a bin his whole life until CC showed up at my door.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Mumps
Canadian Slag

This is too true. The thing is, with the invent of these upgrade kits, and add-ons, our shelves have been given whole new life. It has given me a whole new meanin to collecting, thats for sure.

If it weren't for addon kits, I would not own FOUR versions of the Onslaught mould. And ya know what? Each one of these will be unique when I am done with it. I have 2 Universe Onslaught, one for TFCon Stronghold, and one for Butcher, I have the Hardhead repaint for the Hothead Headmaster. Finally, I have a Henkei Onslaught, for the shiney paint and better paint job overall. He will stay just the way he is.

Also, if it weren't for these upgrade kits, I wouldn't be in to Customizing nearly as much. My customizing started with buying paints in order to touch up my TFCon Stronghold. Now, while I only have 2 full customs right now (inc. Stronghold) I have 3 on the go, and many future plans!

What I am trying to say is... goddammit third party companies, you take so much of my money!
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

Well Henkei Bee,Skyfall and Darkwind I wanted regardless but I agree with the rest.

As good as I am, I still haven't purchased a Hardhead or combiner team in hopes of getting an official better product and look at that! Generations Hardhead (fingers crossed) who'll take up less space!

Dammit it all with that goldbug upgrade, now that I want.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
Pascal
Banned

ROTF combiners.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I am so happy I found ROTF Bruticus for $15.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

rotf combiners, white prime, hardhead, all were only bought because of the upgrades

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
anotheran
Old skooler

Totally agree. UM just for CC, Combiners, and RTS Laser Prime. I frigging skipped over RTS laser prime at the store at least half a dozen times.

My Threads: Feedback , Sales Thread, Wanted List

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote